• Chapter 1 •

Y/N quickly woke up when her brother , Griffin Stagg came barging in yelling about how they were going to be late and how he can't miss his class , Y/N threw the blanket over her head and hid herself from the light, it didn't last long since Griffin practically grabbed the blanket off her.

"Jeez, it's not the end of the world if you're late, Griffin" She mumbled , rubbing her eyes

"That's easy for you to say! You are nearly always late!"

He continued to lecture her before a loud voice from downstairs quickly shut them up

"Shut your asses up and get to fucking school!"

Y/N never liked her stepfather, he'd be 'nice' one second and then an asshole the next. To make it worse her mother wasn't home a lot and when she was she didn't notice how bad he treated her kids, He usually disappeared for sometimes more than a week, no explanation just "Work" it was better when he wasn't around, he mostly treated Griffin the worst, Y/N was very defensive of Griffin, since he was her younger brother and she made it her job to protect him since her mother wasn't any help, She would always put his safety before hers, when their stepfather had one-too many drinks and got physical she was quick to step in and make sure Griffin didn't get harmed, even if that meant she'd get the consequences.

Y/N got up, scratching her neck before walking toward her closet and grabbing whatever she saw first

She pushed Griffin out of the room before changing, she then went to the bathroom and put her hair in two braids and grabbed her bag

"Come on let's go" Y/N quickly said grabbing Griffin's hand and leaving the house before they had to deal with their stepdad

"No breakfast?" He whined

"We can get something in the store."

"Finee"

As Y/N promised she brought him to the store and let him pick whatever he'd like, Y/N walked over a few aisles, she scanned through the shelves before picking her favourite candy. Griffin happily strolled over with his hands stuffed with food ,You playfully rolled your eyes and checked out at the counter.

They started to walk to school before Griffin pointed out a crowd chanting "Fight! Fight! Fight!" Y/N was intrigued so she walked over , a very reluctant Griffin following.

Robin Arellano, one of the toughest kids in school, and town since Vance Hopper.. He and Y/N had spoken once or twice before as they were in a few classes together but never really got to know each other.

She then turned her attention to the other guy, Moose ______(HELPP IDK HIS SECOND NAME LMAO)
He was one of the biggest idiots Y/N had come across, if it wasn't for a teacher one day she could've sworn she would have killed him.

Moose was cursing shit at Robin before trying to take a swing, which he failed and ended up getting his ass beat by Robin earning cheers and some boo's from the crowd. Griffin had turned away, practically begging Y/N to leave. Before doing so though, Robin had got up and started to walk away, when his eyes caught Y/N's he had a soft smile on his face which made her a bit flustered, she quickly looked away and started to walk with Griffin

"That was crazy!" He said sounding impressed but with a bit of disgust

"Moose was practically asking for it, he was bound to get it some day" Y/N shrugged

You noticed Finney and Gwen Blake just ahead of you, they were looking at some new missing poster. You started to walk towards them.

"Hey Gwen , Hey Finney." You spoke, coming up beside them, looking at the missing poster.

"Oh hey Y/N!" Gwen cheerfully replied with a wave
"Hello Y/N" Finney said with his usual genuine smile

Griffin quickly caught up, since you kinda ran away from him, taking a second to catch his breath and saying their hello's, you four walked together to school.

A/N note!
\\btw the time plot is different//
Ok this isn't the first time I wrote a 'book' but it has been a LONGGG time so I would love tips/recommendations! And I'm so sorry if this turns out cheesy😭 I'll try my best but I can't promise anything, I'll also try to post frequently but I might run out of ideas so please don't hesitate to share! Anyway ily guys!