• Chapter 5 •

~!Back to Y/N's Pov!~

Y/N was walking home when she saw a black van with the words abracadabra on it parked around a corner, she started to get worried as she walked closer, she crossed the road from it , managing to get a look of the driver, he had a big hat on and was dressed in black, that's all she could see before quickly walking away, her mind rushed with things like:

Should she report this to the police?
Maybe it took the kids!
Why on earth is he dressed so funny and in a black fucking van!

Minutes of walking and checking behind her to see if the van was moving even an inch, Y/N reached her house, in the garden was Griffin with a big smile on his face , next to him was his new bike, He quickly ran up to you and started to show it off.

"Wow, cool!" You said, smiling at how happy he was.

"Can you walk with me to the arcade? I can test my new bike!" He asked giving his best puppydog eyes.

Y/N began walking "Sure, Come on"

After many failed attempts Griffin finally got the hang of it and practically drove away from Y/N, But she was quick to catch up, after what she saw today there was no way she was letting him out of her sight. They reached the arcade and Griffin put his bike next to a pole before reaching in his pocket and pulling out a bike lock, he attached it to the bike and the pole before heading inside.

"Make sure you remember the code" said  Y/N as the two walked into the arcade.

"I've written it down in my notepad back at home, It's 23317"

She nodded before handing him a few coins for the arcade games. He was quick to run over to a game while Y/N went to see the comic books, She was thinking of buying a few for Griffin's birthday since he loved comics. She picked up three books he didn't already have and went to check out at the counter, She hid them in a plastic bag so it wouldn't ruin the surprise, She then went to play a few arcade games herself.

Atleast an hour had passed, and the kids got bored so they left, Griffin on his bike and Y/N on the sidewalk they went to go get icecream, they stopped outside a small café that the kids were convinced it had the best food in the country, they stepped inside greeted by an elderly lady, they each ordered an icecream, sitting down. The icecream came and they were quick to finish it.

On the way home Y/N saw the same black van as before, this time on a different corner, she began to speed up again earning a confused look by Griffin.

"Why are we speeding up?" He asked, his eyes moving to the road infront of him, to his sister.

"Uh.." Y/N tried to make an excuse that wouldn't worry him
"Let's race!"

Griffin laughed as he sped up and pedalled away, Y/N ran after him. Griffin won the race home and decided not to be a sore-winner.

The kids were laughing as they entered their house, there was no sign of their stepdad just their mom who had a glass of wine in her hand watching TV. They gave eachother confused glances as they went into the living room.

"Hey mom?" Griffin said to break the silence.

"Your stepfather is gone, He left us." She said, sounding upset.

The two kids looked at eachother with a grin, They felt like they could jump up and down and start cheering right on the spot. As they left the living room they burst into laughter, Mocking their stepfather every step of the way.

                                  A/N
i hope some of you get what i was referencing in a few sentences 😎 anyway heres a small chapter since school's starting soon and i wanted to emphasize the brother - sisterly relationship between Y/N and Griffin and kinda build up a backstory before he yknow 'goes missing' IM SORRY LMAO