• Chapter 3 •

Time skip: 2 days later
                           ~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N had returned home, the house was oddly quiet, usually their radio would be blasting or the TV would be playing, but not today. She looked around the house before stepping into the hallway, there was a smashed vase and a cracked photo frame of the two kids with their mother and biological father. She began picking up the glass when she heard quiet crying from upstairs, she silently went up the stairs and into her brothers room, he was sobbing on the floor. She quickly ran over to him as he threw his arms around her, She didn't want the overwhelm him with questions and answers so she just embraced him, she never liked seeing him cry but she noticed he had a busted lip and a bruise near his eye. She never wanted her stepdad gone and her father back so much, Her father was a good and fair man, he cared so much for other people and often forgot about himself, if he knew how badly they were being treated he would have none of it.
The two kids cried in each others arms for the whole night.

Y/N woke bright and early to knocking at the door, she let her eyes adjust to the lights, she pulled the sheets off of her and got out of bed, she sighed as she stepped downstairs and to the door, she opened it and was surprised to see Finney, Gwen and Robin at the door

"What're you guys doing here so early?- It's Saturday" Y/N asked squinting her eyes tiredly.

"Well we wanted to know if you and Griffin would like to hang out today" Gwen quickly responded

Y/N motioned them inside and closed the door "I mean sure, I think he's still in bed, i'll ask"

She led them to the living room handing Finney the remote to the TV , she then ran upstairs to Griffin's room, he was fast asleep , shaking him he woke up.

"Whatt??" He quietly spoke pushing her away
"Gwen Robin and Finney are here, they want to know if you want to hang out with us "

"Alright let me get ready first"

She walked out of the room and called downstairs "Yeah just let us get ready first!"
After hearing a mixture of 'okay's' she went to get her clothes. It was a warm day so she chose :

She brushed her hair and decided to leave it down, she raced downstairs as she didn't really like to make people wait

She brushed her hair and decided to leave it down, she raced downstairs as she didn't really like to make people wait. She sat down next to the group and waited for Griffin, she noticed that every so often Robin would look at her.
                        ~  !Time skip! ~

The group had stopped at the park, it had a big field that was practically dried up and a playground with rusted bolts and screws, mostly people went there to smoke weed so that nobody would rat them out to their parents, or groups of people had parties with beer, some even set fire to the grass, still it had a nice view for sunsets, anyway they went over to the swings and sat down, they talked about things that came to mind, when Y/N noticed someone putting up another missing flyer, She ran over leaving the others but they'd catch up shortly after, She examined the poster, Bruce Yamada he went missing last summer while on his bike, Y/N felt sympathy but couldn't help but feel that just because a new kid went missing they forgot about the kidnappings before that, Billy Showalter was a good friend of Y/N's he was known around town as Paper Boy since he delivered the local paper with his dog, He went missing while on a delivery, Then Vance Hopper, He was the prior toughest guy in school, He had this obsession with a game called Pinball, which is why people usually called him Pinball Vance, One time some guy messed with his game and he carved his score on the dudes arm! Y/N sometimes thinks about this at night, a bunch of kids with their whole life ahead of them go missing, She imagined how she could live with herself if her little brother went missing like that.

The group ran up to her.

"Jesus Y/N why'd you run off?" Griffin scolded before looking at the missing poster

"Oh."

Y/N lifted up the missing poster to reveal a previous one, belonging to  Vance then another one to Billy. Griffin knew how close Billy and Y/N used to be and put his arm on her shoulder
"Do you think they'll find them?.." Y/N finally but quietly said

"Maybe, I mean who can even try kidnap Vance fucking Hopper and live?" Gwen replied. Y/N agreed even though she knew the chances were low.

The group didn't want to split at the end of the day, they had so much fun but they knew they would probably get in trouble by their parents if they stayed out longer, saying their goodbyes they parted but before Y/N could go she heard her name being called by Robin .

"Y/N wait up!" He said catching up to her

"Is something wrong Robin?"

"No I was just wondering if you would like to uh-.. hangout? Just you and me?.." he said nervously, almost in a whisper but Y/N heard him.

"Of course!" As Y/N said that he brightened up and happily nodded, he couldn't hide his smile as he turned to leave.

Y/N somehow hid her extreme butterflies but not the vibrant blush spreading across her cheeks, she smiled to herself as she walked home, happy.

                               A/N!
ayy 2 updates in one day!