Home?

You looked around at the room that had been prepared for you. It was small, but it had a clean mattress, a place to keep clothes and a shelf to keep basic items. 

"Great, looking good." You nodded, "This is gonna be weird. My roommates are gonna be weird creatures for who knows how long.." 

You started planning how things were gonna go. You would get a job nearby, and then you would start buying more stuff for yourself here.

"Hey, Y/N?" Red walked in.

"WAH- you scared me, Red!" You yelled.

"My bad, sorry." Red apologized, "I came here to tell you that I need you to change your last name."

"What why?" You asked.

"Your adoptive parents aren't as trustworthy as you think."

"What do you mean by that?" You shot him a confused look.

"They're working for a rival. An enemy."

"What do you mean?" You asked.

"There's another kids show. They're known as the Friends Forever Buddies. Similar concept to us." Red explained, "They tried to shut us down after Oswald disappeared, but their request was denied. And I'm sure they're still plotting something to get us shut down."

"Oh. That's just.. Bad.." You sighed.

You had really been considering taking over, from what you had seen, these creatures had a ton of emotion. They were extremely close and enjoyed living on the set.

To let them basically die..

You couldn't let that happen.

"Yeah. While you're here, you need to go by Y/N Davis. It shows that you're really Oswald's kid and keeps your 'family' from locating you." Red nodded, "If you're gonna stay, you need to avoid any trouble that could jump onto our path."

"Right, right. Well I'll think about it some more." You nodded.

"I understand. It's a huge step." Red simply nodded and walked away.

You were left in your possibly temporary room alone with your thoughts.

A few weeks later...

It had already been a while since you had moved into the facility.

You hadn't given Red your answer. You were highly considering saying "no" but your clumsiness caused you to procrastinate even leaving.

What? It was comfortable.

Besides, the Rainbow Friends never really called you out on your clumsiness. Sure they mention it but they don't bring it up to make fun of it for no reason.

Unlike a lot of people you'd met in your life back at your home state..

Maybe staying wasn't so bad after all.

You sighed and made a decision to do something that would be the best way to determine if you wanted to stay or not.

You left your room.

"Hey, Purple? Can you get everyone to the theatre? I decided on something." You bent down when you saw the glowing eyes in the vents.

"On it." Their voice slightly echoed from the vents before they crawled off.

Around 30 minutes later, you and your five friends were in the theatre.

"So. I haven't made a decision whether I want to stay or not. And I think a good way to decide is to stay at my house for a bit. Get a taste of my old life before opening a door to a new opportunity, you know?" You explained.

"So.. You're gonna let these guys run you home?" Red asked.

"No. I was thinking.. It'll probably last 3 to 4 days with breaks... I want to do a roadtrip." You answered.

"But running is faster." Blue spoke.

"Yes, but I think a roadtrip will be a fun experience. Besides, I'll let you all join." You smiled.

"But.. You don't have a car." Red mentioned.

"There are trucks in the garage though, right? Let's go." You hopped off of the stage.

"Right now?" Orange blinked.

"Yes, right now. Let's head out." You started heading to the garage. The others followed.

"I'll allow Red to stay in the front and be my copilot, you need this." You threw the large hoodie you bought for yourself to him.

"Isn't this yours?" Red asked.

"Don't you need to hide your face? That's what I thought. You four get in the back of the truck and secure yourself in the seats if you want." You instructed.

You and Red got in the front two seats while the other four where in the back. If anyone got a peak in through the windows there would be a curtain covering them.

"Alright, Rainbow Friends. Roadtrip starts now!" You turned on the truck with keys you found and started driving out.

You drove through the streets, and Red decided that it was a good idea to guide you.

"You should eat" or "Pull over to rest" or "You need a refill on gas."

He kept warning you about all the little things, and you really appreciated it.

You yawned. It was hard for you to sleep in this van truck thingy.

"You should sneak a quick nap." Red said.

"What? Nah, It's cool." You shook your head and continued on.

"Y/N."

"What? We're almost there!" You sighed. "Just about two more hours and we'll be at my town."

"Fine, you sleep and I'll drive the rest of the way." Red crossed his arms.

"What? You can't even drive!"

"I watched you use the controls, I can do it. Let's pull over and switch spots, you can nap for the rest of the trip." Red said.

"Mmm.. Fine since you're so smart." You sighed.

You pulled over and the two of you switched seats. You fell asleep as soon as you let your body rest.

Red POV-

Okay. Driving. Seems simple enough.

I steered the truck while following the directions on the screen of the van.

It would be exactly 1 hour and 49 minutes until we were at Y/N's house.

I relaxed. This would be a piece of cake.

While I was driving though, I noticed a car in front of us start to wave left to right. It wasn't steady.

Suddenly, it turned and stopped right in front of us.

I panicked and swerved away and off the road.

*CRASH*

Rule 1: never trust Red with a car