Nighttime Research

You basically flew onto your new bed.

You and the Friends were staying in the basement of the couples home. It was a pretty big basement with multiple rooms so you were all able to stay separately.

You, Parker and Reece also started becoming close friends. Sometimes you were a bit of a third wheel, but you also enjoyed teasing them for being all lovey-dovey.

A few days into your stay, they let you dye your hair and put on some extra accessories to make you not as recognizable. (Your choice, and if you don't have hair/don't imagine yourself with hair, then just ignore the hair dye part, you don't need to have hair if you don't want to! :> ) 

Now you were stuck thinking about how to get the police off your ass. You were supposed to own the company of the Rainbow Friends, right? Why were you being accused of stealing?

You decided to do some research on it. 

That's when you finally got your answer. 

"Oswald D. Davis has planned on giving the Rainbow Funtime Friends company up to the creator of the Rainbow Friends himself, Trenton. Oswald has gone missing and is presumably dead, so Trenton currently owns this franchise, although, he hasn't done anything with it." You read out loud, "So it isn't owned by me yet? His friend owns it?" 

Red was helping with the research, "Trenton? He created us.. So wouldn't he basically be.. my Dad?" 

"Your Dad and the other Rainbow Friends' Dad it seems." You nodded, "I mean- if that's how you want to interpret it." 

"Alright. So we need to find this Trenton guy then. We need him to actually do something or else me and the others will be doomed." Red said, "And you could get arrested." 

"I know. We need to find more information on Trenton! Maybe his address or something?" You dug deeper through the website you were already scrolling through before. 

"I think you're at the right house for that." 

You and Red looked at the door. Reece was standing there, "I happen to be a bit of a tech person myself." 

"That's great! Can you find out where we can find Trenton, please?!" You asked. 

"Of course. He works at an insurance company now. It's called Rely On Us! Insurance." 

"That's the worst name I've ever heard." You said. 

"Well, this place is pretty successful, so I guess that makes up for it." Reece shrugged. 

"We need to go there!" Red stood up, "When can we go?" 

"Well, it's pretty late at night and the place isn't open right now, so we need to go tomorrow. For now, you two need to get some rest." Reece spoke, "I'm gonna be watching a movie with Parker in our room if you need either of us." He headed upstairs. 

That left you and the scientist creature in your room. 

"Alright, I need to make a good impression on this Trenton guy. I want to seem professional so he thinks I'm trustworthy enough to take over the Rainbow Funtime Friends thing." You said. 

"It's best for him to know what he's actually getting himself into. That's why he probably left the whole thing alone. He didn't know what we would become. It was too much, so he left." Red mentioned. 

"You may be right on that." You nodded, looking out of the window and out into the beautiful starry night sky. 

"The sky is pretty." Red spoke up. 

"It is." You softly smiled. Red looked away, then looked back at you. The two of you were sitting on the edge of your bed. He decided to make a move. 

He scooched a bit closer to you. And then he hesitantly, but eventually put his hand on yours. 

You side-glanced at your hands, then looked back at the sky and smiled. You had to prevent your mouth from smiling too big, you didn't want to make how happy you really were too obvious. 

You decided to make your own move by leaning your head against his shoulder. 

"Hey do you two know where-" 

"NOTHINGNOTHINGNO-" You jumped and fell off the bed. Red also quickly withdrew his hand and set it with his other one on his lap. 

"Uhh.. You okay?" 

Orange and Blue were peeking around the doorframe. 

"We were wondering if you knew where the extra blankets are. We don't want to interrupt Reece and Parker's little movie night." Blue said. 

"I know! Let me lead you!" You got up and led the two over to the closet where there were some spare blankets. You let them choose and started heading back to your room. You were about to open the door when it hit you. 

You had an absolutely romantic moment with Red. You immediately put your hands to your face and prevented yourself from screaming. You literally almost held hands and you were leaning your head on his shoulder?! 

Would it have become something more if you weren't interrupted? What would Red say when you entered? You inhaled... exhaled... then you finally made the move to head back into your room. 

"Alright, Blue and Orange have their blankets now." You spoke as you walked back to your bed. 

"That's good. Since it's already past 1 am right now, I'll be heading to my own room to rest for the night." Red got up from the bed. He started walking out before he peeked back into the room, "By the way, you looked really nice in the moons lighting..." Then he walked off. 

You needed to load for a minute there. Then you processed what he said. 

You started pacing back and forth around the room. What the hell? WHAT THE HELL?! 

You were getting flustered by a whole creature from a TV show! 

Ok you had to admit you were enjoying it. 

You decided to blow that away from your mind for now. 

First, you needed to rest for your meeting with Trenton tomorrow. You wouldn't be able to speak to him if you were a flustered mess thinking about Red, or if you were too tired to even form a proper sentence. You needed to rest and worry about what's most important. 

Clear your criminal record first, then worry about your love life next. 

You covered yourself with your blankets and drifted off to sleep. 

My pfp is literally me writing the little 'first move' part im over here getting all excited and kicking my feet around and im not even the reader 💀💀