vouge

" Hello Vouge I'm Tomorrow x Together Hwang Yeeun!"

How do you feel right now?

" I feel fine, kinda hungry but other than that I'm fine."

Did you eat anything before coming here?

" No, I just had...I had nothing."

Why?

" The nervousness, I feel very honored to appear on Vouge."

It's an honor to have you here too Yeeun, so how are you enjoying tour?

" It's been difficult, I'm having a lot of fun but there is some times were I feel suffocated."

Why do you feel suffocated Yeeun?

" I get tired a lot backstage, I don't know why. It's never happened to me before, but I'd fall on the floor after each concert."

What do you mean before?

" I use to be a figure skater, and I'd perform a lot. Really crazy ones too."

Before you became a kpop idol?

" Yes, I was pretty well known too."

How old were you when you started skating?

" I was 4 years old when I first started ice skating, and when I was 8 years old I started training to be a figure skater."

How do you feel about leaving your skating career?

" Leaving was scary, but it was for the best."

Were you happy back than?

" it's difficult to say that I was happy back than, it was hard to give up a career in that field. I sometimes felt like I wasn't doing it for myself anymore, it was for my coach and my family. I was always winning, I wanted to lose so many times but I didn't. No matter how many times I tried to mess up the choreography it never worked. I always won, it was really exhausting."

Do you regret it?

" Leaving? No. I'm happy that I left, it was no longer my escape. My members were, sometimes I use to wonder if the skaters I was watching were tired like me. Did they feel the same? Did they want to lose too? Did they want to give up? After each performance I had to take pictures and go change into my practice clothes. I would be the last one out because I would cry in the back of the locker rooms. I was really unhappy the last 2 years before I retired."

Was your relationship with your band mates difficult back than?

" Many words come to mind when I think of the past. Our relationship was rocky at first, I didn't talk to anyone. Not even them, but one of them would always want or try to talk to me. But I never did, until one day one of them invited me eat lunch with them. I didn't want to but he nagged me, so I did. After that I had lunch with them everyday."

Did you talk to them than?

" No, no I never spoke. But they understood me well enough for our relationship to grow. We would go on trips together and I still never spoke."

When did you finally speak to them?

" A couple days after we were announced as the line up. I felt like it was about
time."

How did they feel about your background?

" They really didn't understand my mind set, I would start crying if I messed up when we were practicing. If I moved my hand the wrong way I start breaking down. If I looked the wrong way years would start to fall. I use to have five different phones around me. One filming me from the back, two on the side and one in the front. The other one was being proped up really high enough to film me from the ceiling. I would be watching every single move that I made. I couldn't have mistakes or else I would start to spiral. They were concerned and realized that I was huge perfectionists, and that I have multiple underlying conditions."

What made you want to retire?

" I was depressed, I was dealing with an anxiety disorder too, it had gotten to the point where I exploded on my older sister. We were having and argument because I skipped both of my practices, I missed dance and skating practice. We were yelling and screaming and then I said something around the lines of I'm tired of always winning I just want to do this one thing that makes me happy. I can't really remember the rest because I was crying so much, but I do remember that she said stop thinking about what others want, think about what Yeeun wants. Not Hwang Yeeun. So the next day I had made an announcement on sns saying that I was officially stepping out of the big competition I had and was preparing for."

Can you say what competition it was?

" No, no I can't."

Did you leaving create conflict in your family life?

" Between me and my mom. My sisters and my dad were happy that I made my own decision for myself after I decided to train as an singer. My mom and I use to get into arguments at night, it was to the point were I was staying at one of my members house every night."

How's your relationship with your mom now?

" We are better! It took a while for us to fix our relationship, she didn't believe that I was going to debut until I moved out."

Are you happy now?

" Yes, I'm much more happier than I was a couple years ago. I feel relieved that I'm no longer skating. I lost a lot of my love for it, but it's my first love. Skating will be my first love."