Forty-One: Connections

*(Y/N) POV*

It wasn't a long walk until we reached Nezuko's door. 

"She might be sleeping. That's how she gets her energy," Tanjiro explained to me. I nodded and we walked in. 

It was a small room, with the blinds shut to block out any sun. There was a small bed and her holding box at the end of it. She was in fact sleeping. 

Tanjiro walked up to her and rubbed her forehead. "Nezuko," he was speaking softly, "Someone is here to speak with us." 

Her eyes slowly fluttered open and she sat up. She looked at me confused, almost like she was trying to figure out what I am and not who I am. 

Tanjiro sat beside her, "She's safe." Nezuko made a hummed noise in response. I pulled up a chair to sit next to the bed, facing both of them. 

When I sat down Tanjiro turned to me, "You smell different. You don't smell human or demon. What are you?" 

I looked at him shocked. That's what Nezuko must have picked up on. I tried to think of the easiest way to explain it to them, "Well, many years ago a member of my family was turned into a demon. Their blood was passed down through our veins. I have demon blood inside of me." 

He nodded, "Is that why you used a different breathing style during the mission?" I nodded, "Blood Breathing." 

I watched as Tanjiro sat there, processing it. He was definitely methodical. I looked back at Nezuko, eyeing the piece of bamboo around her mouth. 

"Mind if I take that off?" I asked pointing to it. Tanjiro looked shocked, "I don't think that's a good idea... Tomioka-san is the one who made it for her to begin with." I sighed. Of course he did. 

"I can promise you, she doesn't need it when you're around," I spoke, "but only when you are close enough to her that she can regain control." He looked confused but nodded. 

I removed the bamboo from her mouth and saw her smile. I smiled back at her and looked towards her brother, "You two have a connection that I have only seen within my family." Tanjiro looked at me puzzled and I continued, "The first born of every generation is cursed. We have uncontrollable demon emotions which can only be controlled in two ways. Either by stopping the curse, which we are unsure of how to do, or by having our calm. You are her calming person. As long as you are with her, she will always be okay." 

Tanjiro nodded his head while thinking about it, "So I'm assuming Tomioka-san is your calm if he was with you during the mission." I smiled, "Yes. He is." 

"I have a question," Tanjiro spoke. I gestured for him to continue and he did, "You said you use the Breath of Blood right?" I nodded my head. "When we were on the mission, Nezuko did something. She seemed to use her blood to create flames." 

"Her blood demon art. Interesting. I will definitely look into that," I told him. Then I turned towards Nezuko again, who seemed like a small child. It was strange because demons could talk and act like humans, they just feed off of us and have their abilities. 

"Nezuko, have you tried speaking?" I asked her. She hummed in response. "There is a reason why Muzan is after you two. I want to try to figure it out. So I will be around as much as possible while you both regain your strength."

Tanjiro gave me a thanks and I had him put Nezuko's bamboo back on, leaving her to sleep more. I walked out with her brother, bringing him back to the medical room. 

Before we walked in he turned to me, "My goal is to turn her human again. I have been working with a demon, Lady Tamayo, and she is trying to create a cure."

Tamayo, that's the name that Master spoke as Tanjiro was dragged away from the meeting. I gave him a smile and nodded, "Well, I believe that you will be able to do it. Why don't you head back inside and get some rest."

We bid our farewells and I took my leave, heading for the Water Estate. On my walk back I happened to cross paths with Mitsuri. 

She ran up to me, "(Y/N)! Hey!" I smiled and gave her a hug. "Is everything alright? Yesterday was definitely something..." the Love Hashira spoke. 

I nodded my head, "Everything is fine. I'm actually heading back to Giyuu's right now to get ready for patrol tonight."

She smiled, "Okay. Stay safe out there! I have to find Obanai before I head out." "You too!" I gave her one last hug and continued my walk back to the estate. 

I walked in and checked the time. It was already past lunch but it definitely doesn't seem like Giyuu had eaten a full meal. I walked upstairs, not seeing him outside training anymore. He was laying down sleeping, his hair still wet from a shower. 

I smiled and grabbed the dirty towel that was on the floor of the bathroom, throwing it in with the dirty laundry. I then made my way back to the kitchen to make some lunch, or dinner, for before we head out. 

I grabbed Salmon and Beef, along with other ingredients I would need for his favorite dish. By the time I was finishing up I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. 

I turned around and smiled at an obviously sleepy Giyuu. He walked up to me as I turned back to cook, wrapping his hands around my waist. "It smells good in here," he mumbled into my neck. 

I chuckled, "We have some simmered salmon with daikon, rice, soup, and some beef for me. I'm also making some onigiri for us to take on patrol." He kissed my neck and grabbed some plates to set up the table. 

When finished we both sat to eat. I saw him smiling as he ate, "Thank you!" I laughed, "It's no problem at all Giyuu." 

He finished rather quickly and began washing the dishes. He turned his head while I finished eating, "How did speaking with the siblings go?" I smiled at him, "It went well. There are somethings I would like to look into when we return from patrol." 

He nodded his head, finishing up the dishes before we were to head out for the night. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry this chapter is a little shorter! I'm going to try to update a lot this week since I start school next week. 

Also, do we want lemon/lime scenes with warnings so those who don't want to read them can skip? 

xx