| 1 |

Waiting

Waiting.

I'm used to it but it doesn't mean that it doesn't suck.

I've been sitting on my destroyed mattress in the basement just waiting for my parents to move from the kitchen so I can sneak out unnoticed.

But it's been almost 2 hours and they won't fucking move.

Just as i'm about to text Luke telling him I won't be able to make it a chair is scraped across the floor above me and 2 pairs of footsteps can be heard moving from the kitchen.

"Fucking finally" I mutter to myself before pocketing my phone and standing up from my so called bed.

I stand still just listening for a couple of minutes to make sure that they won't move again. Once i'm sure they will stay where they are I grab my black duffel bag from my small wooden closet and sling it over my right shoulder.

That's the only piece of furniture that I have except for the bed.

After grabbing my bag I soundlessly make my way over to the stairs leading up from the cold concrete basement to the ground floor of the house.

When i'm at the top of the stairs having avoided all the sounds the old set makes I put my ear on the wooden door to listen for any movement or sound.

I kinda feel like an agent while doing this.

CIA?

or FBI?

Definitely FBI.

I would make a badass FBI agent just saying.

When I don't hear any sound I carefully take out my unfolded paperclips from my jacket that I have fixed over the years to perfectly open the basement door.

I take my makeshift tension wrench and put it in the lock before inserting the rake pick paperclip and carefully maneuver it until the door clicks lightly and the handle can be pushed down to open the door.

I smile to myself.

Told you I could be FBI.

After walking out the door I close it without making any sound before locking it. It was a normal door lock so I didn't have to use my tools to lock the door from the outside.

I put the tools back in my jacket pocket and turn around sneaking towards the front door.

I pass the kitchen and before I pass the living room I peek around the corner to look into it.

Are they watching Harry Potter?

Okay...

Weird

Thankfully my chromosome donators are already asleep so I continue towards the front door. But what do you expect from 2 people who are addicts?