| 4 |

Song: beyond my reach - sød ven

TW: some violence mentioned

"Where are you going?" I hear my little brother Theo ask me as i'm about to walk out the door

"Out." I answer shortly without turning around continuing out the door.

"No shit, but where?" he asks annoyed.

I let out a frustrated breath about to turn around and tell him it's none of his business before someone interrupts me.

"Hey Kid!" one of my best friends Blake says to Theo as he's standing in the driveway.

Scowling at him Theo replies "You know i'm not a kid, you're only 3 years older than me." this only makes the rest of my friends standing next to him laugh at him. 

"Well i'm 4 years older than you so I at least get to call you a kid." Duncan says to him with a smile on his lips.

"Then you can answer me dad. Where are you going?" Theo says with an innocent smile on his face causing Duncan to narrow his eyes at him and me, Blake and Declan to laugh.

"He got you there old man!" Declan says through his laughter while slapping Duncan on his shoulder before turning towards Theo to answer him. "Where going to a new fighting place." 

"Can I come with? Please, please, please???" Theo pleads while jumping up and down excitedly.

I walk over to Blake who is leaning against Declan's car "And he says he's not a kid..." Blake mutters beside me causing me to snicker.

"Hey I heard that!" the little kid accuses angrily narrowing his eyes at us. 

Unbothered by my brother's request to come with I walk towards the passenger side of Declan's car with the rest of my friends following me. I get in and Declan get's in behind the wheel while Blake and Duncan get in the backseat.

"Hunter, please." Theo says before I close my door.

"Sorry, lil bro maybe next time." I say as I give him a genuine apologetic smile. But today it's just me and my boys I don't want to be responsible for the shit that Theo definitely will pull if he comes with. 

Theo nods at me with a sad expression before turning around walking back towards the house and up the steps, head hanging low. I close the car door. 

"I thought he was gonna beg more if i'm being honest." Duncan says from the back. 

"What can I say, he listens to me." I say back.

"He definitely respects his elders." Declan says beside me a smile clear in his voice. I punch him in the arm "You're 3 months older than me grandpa."

"Well if i'm a grandpa what is Duncan? He's a year older than all of us." Declan says back to me a teasing tone to his voice.

"Dead." Blake answers at the same time Duncan says "Only 6 months!" after this he glares at Blake causing him to smile back at him.