CHAPTER 5 • the new couple

Happy death day ~ xdinary heroes

"what?!" i ask concerned

everyone shakes their heads and looks down to the ground as the music starts playing again,
i turned to look at mills and she was pretending to fan herself with her hand while mouthing the words "hot".

i shook my head and we all went to sit down on the couch, surprise, it was full.
we moved onto the kitchen so we could get more drinks.

an hour passed and we were still doing shots on the kitchen table, trying out new cocktails and playing beer pong.
it was super late and i was super drunk by now.

"sooms, me and felix gotta leave now, u coming?"
millie asked me, which was very kind of her to ask.

"i'm not even THAT drunk" i responded,
she shook her head as felix grabbed his car keys and they both left the house.
i wasn't sure how to get home but i was too drunk to worry, i started talking with Chan, felix's friend on the couch, which was empty by now, it was super late so a lot of people had left. i cannot remember what we were talking about to be honest but he was super nice.

i had fell asleep on the couch apparently.
i woke up and the house was empty but i was covered with a blanket and there was someone sitting at the other side of the couch.

i sat up, "oh morning sleepyhead." a voice says.
"IT'S MORNING?!" i ask while rubbing my eyes still. "um technically, it's 2am"
i open my eyes and realise i was talking to hyunjin.
Hwang Hyunjin.

"wait where is everyone" i ask,
"they went home, it's too late for you to walk home and i can't drive because i've been drinking too. so your stuck here for the night" hyunjin replied with a smirk on his face.

"i wanna go homeee" i reply still slightly tipsy.
"i won't let you, we have a spare bedroom you don't even have to share with me, i could give you an old shirt of mine to sleep in, easy peasy."
hyunjin tells me.
why was hwang hyunjin being so nice to me so suddenly?
was the only thought going through my head at that time.

he puts out his hand for me to grab,
i just get up without grabbing his hand and follow him to his spare bedroom.
i lie straight on top of the bed while hyunjin went to find me an old shirt to sleep in.
hyunjin swings the door open and throws a shirt onto the spare bed "sleep tight, pretty girl"

my cheeks turn red at his words, but why??

i get changed after locking the door to the bedroom, the shirt was so comfy and big on me.
i jump onto the bed and fall straight to sleep.

the next morning...

hyunjin wakes me early in the morning with some pills to cure my hangover, he must've heard my head thumping from his room.
"whyyyyy" i complain with my eyes still closed.
hyunjin was already sitting on the end of the bed "you gotta get ready for school, pretty girl" he says to me.
"SHIT" i exclaim, i can't go to school in this.
"here, take these to wear." hyunjin hands me sweatpants and a t-shirt to wear to school.
"i know it's not uniform but i just found out that i own no skirts??? i know, i'm surprised too" he says sarcastically laughing to himself.
i roll my eyes before pointing at the door and telling him to get out so i can get changed.

i put on the outfit hyunjin provided, it was actually kinda cute but i'm sure i'm not gonna get away with this for school

hyunjin knocks once again "u ready, babe?"
i'm confused by his choice of words but don't i don't have time to confront him about it because we are already late for school,
i hum in reply and walk past him to go downstairs and out the door.

he opens the car and we both get inside,
we arrive at school and both go our seperate ways since we have different classes on a tuesday.

i walked into my first class scared of what the teacher will say. I got shouted at and a detention but that's all, was it worth it? maybe.

It reached lunchtime and the day had been going so slow i just wish something could make the day a bit more exciting.

me and mills sat with felix and his friends again today but this time hyunjin sat across from me at the table.
we exchanged eye contact a couple times but overall didn't really speak,
i was talking to chan and changbin most of lunch because millie was talking to leeknow, i'm jealous of how good they look together, to be honest.

The bell rung to mark the end of lunch, i stood up to go walk to my next class until i felt a hand grab my arm, Hyunjin, again.

"hey pretty girl" he says
i don't listen "what do u want hwang" i reply.
"ouch" he said while grabbing onto his heart in an act to make me feel bad for him,
"i just wanted to see if u would go out with me one time, maybe tonight or tomorrow?" he asks me.

"i'm ok thanks." i say as i smile and walk off to my next class.

the day ends and i just reach the doors to the exit of the school,
"hellooooo" i hear a voice say, i already know who it is by the sound of his voice,
i ignore him and keep walking out the door,
"if u keep ignoring me, i'm not gonna be able to take you home" hyunjin says as he runs infront of me trying to cut me off.
"fine." i say as hyunjin puts on a smile and opens the door for me.

he's very odd.

the drive home was super awkward, the only thing he asked was my address so he could drop me off at the right house,
the car stopped outside my house eventually and hyunjin turned to look at me.
"please, let me take you out. you only gotta be with me for 3 weeks and you can decide if you like me or not, deal??" he says with a tilted head and a questionable expression on his face.
i sigh and reply "okay, tonight at 8?".
hyunjin bows endlessly to me as i get out of the car.

"tonight at 8." hyunjin confirms with a nod.

(A/N I'm aware this chapter is quite long compared to others but i didn't know when to end it
so
HOPE U ENJOYED
LUV U ALL :)