7 - Han Jisung

I can't seem to stop my leg from bouncing up and down. This has been going on all day today. Today is exactly a week after I met Yeona on that hill. Today I'm going to try to meet her again, just like Chan had told me to. I'm planning on going to that willow tree at the exact same time. This way the day, time and place will be the same. If she'd want to meet me again, she'd think of this too right?

I glance at the time in the top corner of my phone once more. The minutes are passing annoyingly slow and I feel myself getting more and more nervous. What if she won't be there? I promised Chan I'd get her out of my head, but I don't know if I'll be able to. The last few days she has been on my mind almost nonstop. It got so bad that I tried to write my feelings down by making a song. I can't seem to find the words for this feeling that I have, but the melody is all laid out. The melody has a slow paste to recreate the feeling of time standing still. A mix of soft tones with some high pitched ones to mimic the peaceful feeling between us as we sat there with the stars shining bright above us. 

Tonight feels the same as a week ago, the sky clear and showing every single star. The moon is shining bright, maybe even brighter than that night. I'm staring out of the window, still waiting for the minutes to pass so that I can hopefully meet her. 

"Are you going to try to meet her today?" Chan asks me. 

When did he get here? I thought he was in his room and I didn't hear him coming out of it. Guess I must have been deep in thought again. I nod at him. "How did you know?"

Chan chuckles as he sits down next to me. "You've been acting all excited and nervous today. The others might not have noticed but I have. And as far as I know there is only one reason for your behaviour." He is silent for a bit, letting his words sink in. Was I that obvious? "And her name is Yeona."

I slam my hand over his mouth as soon as I hear her name. "Ssht. Someone might hear you." I sis at him. He just cocks his eyebrow at me as response. "If I won't see her again, they won't need to know." With that I remove my hand, turning to the window once more. 

- - - 

Nerves are racking through my body. No matter how many deep breaths I take, the feeling stays. Giving up on trying to get rid of it I continue walking, just a bit longer and then I'll be able to see the hill with the willow tree on it. The moonlight is shining through the leaves of the trees around me, just barely lighting up the path enough for me not to trip. 

The trees finally give way for the grass fields to come into view. The bright light of the moon shining onto the small flowers that are scattered along the hill. My eyes slowly move towards the large willow tree, hoping to see someone, yet expecting it to be empty. The ground around the tree is only filled with grass, no person is to be found. Even though I saw this coming, it still hurt.

The nerves that were rushing through my body all day, have now suddenly disappeared. Leaving an empty feeling in their place. The smile that I didn't even realise was on my face, slowly disappears as I'm walking closer to the tree. I can't get myself to leave already, even though I've nothing to do here anymore. 

What if she'll come later? 

I try to shake the thought away. She isn't here and she's not coming, not now and not in an hour. Even though I try to convince myself the thought keeps coming back. She might come. Last week I was here before her... Yeah, she might come later. 

I look up at the stars, enjoying the view while slowly walking the final couple feet towards the tree. Feeling the roots of the tree below my feet I quickly glance down, not wanting to trip over them again. Turning around so that my back hits the tree I slide down slowly until I'm sitting on the grass. The moon shines through some of the leaves, creating beautiful patterns on the ground.