13 - Lin Yeona

I happily skip down the stairs after hearing the doorbell ring. "I'm going out with Hyeon! See you later mom!" I shout towards the living room while opening the door for my best friend. 

"Yeona, before you go-" My mom starts from the living room, causing me to step back into our house as I was already walking outside. "your dad and I have talked a few days ago. He is working a bit more, just like me. So don't worry about money or anything, okay? It's all fixed." 

I quickly walk into the living room, leaving Hyeon standing by the front door. My arms wrap tightly around my mom, hugging her with a big smile. "Thank you, mom."

"I'm glad to see you smiling more again." I let go of mom, the two of us just smiling to each other until my mom says: "Aren't you forgetting someone?" 

"Oh, right!" Hyeon is waiting for me. I rush towards Hyeon once more. My mom shouts a 'have fun' just before I close the door behind me.   

"So everything is fixed?" Hyeon asks me, clearly having heard what my mom told me. I nod at him while smiling bright. I'm glad dad could work a bit more to make sure my mom won't overwork herself. 

"So where are we going?" I say, skipping happily in front of him. I can hear him snicker behind me, before he answers that he doesn't really care. "Well, I'm craving Starbucks. Let's go!" Hyeon hurries his pace, so that he's walking next to me again. 

"Are you still in a good mood from Wednesday?" Hyeon asks, clearly noticing the skip in my step and me constant moving around. 

"I'm always in a good mood!"

"Yeah sure..."

"Finee, it might still be from Wednesday." I turn towards him, walking backwards now. "But you can't blame me, it was so much fun. They were so nice and it's only two days ago." I notice Hyeon's small pout and quickly add: "If we have a lot of fun it keeps me happy for multiple days too." I send him a bright smile, but Hyeon keeps pouting. "You're still my favorite!"

"I better be." He quickly responds, poking my side. I yelp, jumping a few feet away from him. 

"If you keep doing that, I'm replacing you."

Hyeon lifts his hands up in surrender and I wrap my arm around his shoulders, pulling him in close. I quickly poke my own fingers into his side, before dashing out of his reach.

"Hey!"

A quick glance backwards shows me that he isn't chasing me and I slow down. He sends me tight-lipped smile, knowing he deserved that. I'm a bit hesitant to walk next to him again, but thankfully he leaves my side alone. The two of us just chat a bit, while waiting for the red light to turn to green. The Starbucks is already visible on the other side of the street. 

"It's green." Hyeon says, grabbing my wrist to pull me along, since I was staring at a squirrel in the tree beside me. I quickly speed up, causing me to drag Hyeon along instead of the other way around, pulling him inside the Starbucks. 

We walk up to the counter, the guy behind it greeting us both. I greet him back, before ordering a hot chocolate for myself, since I don't like coffee. I don't get how people can drink that bitter stuff. Hyeon orders a drink with coffee, but I don't really focus on what it's called, since I'm never going to order it anyways. I'm just vibing on the music that is being played, while waiting for our drinks. Slowly moving on the beat, still too happy to stand still. Hyeon just shakes his head at me, trying to hide his smile. 

Two songs later my name gets called and I walk up to the counter, grabbing both mine and Hyeon's drink. "Don't let anyone dull your sparkle." The guy, who hands me the drinks, says. I smile brightly at the guy before looking over at Hyeon, who looks confused. I just shrug at him, handing him his drink. 

While we're walking towards the door I hear a female worker say: "Would you stop telling people that, nobody cares about your inspirational shit!" I look over at Hyeon who clearly heard it too, the both of us snickering softly. 

"Gurl, there is no way in hell I'm letting you dull my sparkle." The guy responds, this causes both of us to burst out into full laughter as we walk out of the Starbucks. That definitely made my day better. 

"That would be us if we worked together." Hyeon states. I can't agree with him more, still chuckling slightly. 

"Although we wouldn't get any work done together." I say, finishing his statement. I chuckle at the thought. If Hyeon and I would work together, we would spend at least 50 percent of our time annoying each other and the other 50 percent laughing. And if we're lucky we might have one or two percent left for the actual job. 

Suddenly the floor comes towards me at a rapid pace. My drink drops out of my hand and I somehow manage to catch myself before my head hits the pavement. "How the fuck did I fall?" Hyeon is doubling over from laughter beside me while I'm sitting on my knees on the floor. Looking behind me I can't find anything that I could have tripped over. 

"I swear, you could trip over your own shadow." Hyeon manages the croak out even though he is laughing so hard. His hands are wrapped around his stomach, which is probably hurting from laughing. 

"My shadow is a tricky little brat. She likes to see me fall to her level." I say, staring at my shadow on the floor beside me. Only now do I notice the large brown splash of hot chocolate in front of me. "Nooo... My drink... I didn't even get to take a sip!"

Hyeon's hand appears in my line of sight and I grab a hold of it, letting him pull me up onto my feet. "Are you okay?" He says, his words not sounding sincere at all because of the huge grin on his face. 

"No I'm not. My drink is gone..." I say, pouting at him.

"Let's go back and buy another one then." Hyeon turns around and is about to walk back towards the Starbucks we just walked out of until I grab a hold of his wrist, holding him back. 

"I'm not going back there. They'll remember me. I'm not going to explain why I need another drink within five minutes of buying the first one!" I say hurriedly. It would be so embarrassing to have to explain that I dropped my drink within a twenty step radius from their shop. My eyes lock onto Hyeon's drink. "I have a better idea..." With those words I snatch his drink before taking off, running down the street as fast as I can. 

"Hey! No fair! That's mine!" I hear Hyeon shout from behind me. I can't help but giggle when I hear him say the following to himself: "Oh my god, she's really not going to wait is she?" 

A glance over my shoulder shows me that Hyeon is running after me. "Yeona, wait!" I stick my tongue out at him. "You don't even like coffee, gimme my drink back!"