40 - Lin Yeona

Loud honking from a car outside startles a yelp out of me. Glancing out of the kitchen window I recognise the car to be Hyeon's. Hyeon's eyes lock with mine through the two windows, to which he rolls the car window down, sticking his hand out to wave at me. Rolling my eyes at him, I ignore his wave, turning around and making sure I have everything.

As I'm tying my shoes Hyeon honks again, urging me on to hurry up. "I'm nearly done!" I shout in response, a useless response as he can't hear me since I'm still inside. "If he ever finds himself a girlfriend, I'll have to teach him some manners if he wants to actually keep her," I mutter to myself as I stand up, unlocking the door and stepping into my front yard.

"Finally!" Hyeon sighs as he leans his head out of the window.

Shaking my head, I lock the door behind me before quickly making my way over to the passenger side, before Hyeon gets the urge to honk again. Sitting down and buckling myself in, I question him: "Who raised you?"

"Huh?"

"Did no one teach you to open the door for a lady?" I scoffs at him.

"You're no lady."

"And you're no gentlemen." With an excessive pout on my lips, I stare out the window.

Beside me, Hyeon is silent for a bit. I can feel his eyes on me yet I don't spare him a glance, maybe that will teach him to change his non-gentlemanly manners. "You know what-," Hyeon starts, stepping out of the car, causing me to look at him quizzically. Walking around the car to my side, he pulls the door open, with a sly smile on his face.

"What are you-,"

Leaning over me, Hyeon unbuckles my seatbelt before wrapping his hand around my wrist and dragging me out of the car. Slamming the door shut behind me, he crosses his arms in front of him.

Shocked, I remain frozen in place, my eyes wide as I blink slowly. Is he going to scold me? Threaten to leave me behind and go on his own?

Sighing in defeat, Hyeon steps towards me. "You want a gentleman? Fine, a gentleman you get," he grumbles, confusing me even more. Holding out his hand for me to take it, while sending me soft smile. "My lady?"

His over the top behaviour causes a smile to spread onto my face, a small giggle escaping me. Placing my hand elegantly into his, results in him bowing slightly, before slowly walking me to his car. Opening the door for me – like a gentleman should – he helps me inside, even going as far as placing his hand above my head, to keep me from accidentally hitting the roof of the car.

As I sit down in the passenger seat, Hyeon leans over me again, gently buckling me in. Satisfied with himself, he clasps his hands together with a proud smile. "Anything else the lady needs? A blanket, something to drink, a heating pad?"

Knowing he doesn't have a blanket in the car, I smirk while saying in the sweetest voice: "A blanket would be lovely, thank you."

In a split second his gentleman-demeaner disappears. "You little bi-," Hyeon grumbles in annoyance as he slams the door shut – barely making sure all my limbs are inside the car – causing me to burst out into laughter.

Entering the car himself, Hyeon sends me a glare as he starts the car. "You had to ruin it again, didn't you?"

"Yah, you offered the lady a blanket!" I shoot back while Hyeon, drives out of the parking spot and onto the road. "The lady would still love a blanket," I say teasingly, rubbing my hands across my arms to accentuate my fake-coldness.

"Ask for a blanket again and I'll strangle you with it."

Gasping in response, I wipe a fake tear away. "Auch. And you call yourself a friend."