Happy Birthday to Pich-You!

Rating: Teen
Pairing: Kaminari & Mineta
Tags: Best friends, Kaminari is a dork, happy birthday Kaminari Denki, Mineta is a good friend, anime references

A little ficlet for Kaminari's birthday.

——————

Class 1-A had a complex about birthdays.

Denki honestly should have seen it coming, but between his English exam and training, June 29th seemed like just another day.

Mineta had to leave right after class, ruining his plan of anime and chill -the non sexy kind. Well, sexy anime, at least.

Sero watched Mineta go with a flat look.

"That's like the third time this week alone. Want to go watch The Avengers with Mina and I?"

Kaminari sighed, slinging his bag over his shoulder. "Sure."

-

"Tony stark is the smartest person ever!" Sero swept his arm out. "He's definitely better then stretch Armstrong and robot man!"

"I know he's a genius, but between Reed Richards and Victor Doom I think he's evenly matched!" They barreled into the common room, still argueing. "Besides, canonically Peter Parker has a higher int-"

"Surprise!" Denki jumped, grabbing onto Sero tightly as his friend laughed.

The class had put effort into it all, decorating the common room with yellow and black streamers and balloons. Some had the evenly spaced perfection of Iida, others haphazardly thrown at the walls and secured with Sero's tape.

Denki smiled, letting himself be swept up in the little celebration.

-

He headed back to his room alone, carrying his gifts and humming an American pop song. The others had offered to help, but he wanted a moment of peace.

He didn't bother turning on the lights as he tossed his stuff down.

"Hey."

Kaminari shrieked, tripping over his feet as he shot out a burst of static

The tiny ninja dodged with his own girly yelp, smacking into a bookshelf.

"Dude, it's me! Mineta!" His friend threw a ball, pinning Denki's jacket to the wall. "Cease fire!"

"Why are you in the corner of my ceiling?!" He looked at the ball nest Mineta had apparently built while waiting for him.

Mineta took a breath, standing now. He looked up at Kami with a grin as he wiggled free from his jacket.

"Aizawa put me in a stealth elective, apparently my size and quirk are good for it." He looked proud of himself, wearing a dark stealth suit over his usual loose t-shirts.

"So that's why you keep ditching me!" For his credit, Mineta looked guilty.

"Sorry, it's supposed to be a secret." Mineta was probably the weakest physically of the entire class, so it made sense.

"Anyways, I wanted to wish you happy birthday."

"Where were you? We had a party."

"I know, and I'm sure it was great! I just didn't want to ruin it." As if his best friend could ruin anything! Sure, he got them kicked out of Dave & Busters, but Kami had dared him to try and hack the Walking Dead game into making the zombies hot girls.

"Eh, get your ass over here and open my gift." He dangled a Pikachu gift bag, laughing as his friends launched at him with grabby hands.

"First though! Party hat." Mineta pulled a Pichu headband from his bag, delighting in the happy scream as his friend snatched it.

"Fuck yeah! Where's yours?" He adjusted the fuzzy ears, wiggling them. "Did you make there yourself?"

Mineta shrugged, a small smile betraying him. "The real ones are hard to find, ...or kinky. I didn't think anyone else knew you loved Pichu more." He pulled out a second pair, probably his first try if the quality was to be trusted. He struggled with his quirk, the tiny ears barely poking through his balls. "You owe me, I'm never getting these out."

Denki took the gift bag eagerly, cheeks sparking in what was definitely on purpose.

"I didn't want to give you doubles, so I got you the good stuff no one else in our class would dare."

"You didn't!" Denki dug in, cradling the tissue paper wrapped gift and carefully unwrapping it. "A Tsukiumi figurine? Awesome!"

"I know you prefer Musubi, but that was the only one with a removable uniform."

"Removable- you're going to make me tear up!"

He pulled out a box, the last of the gift.

"No way... The Monster Musume complete box set?! How the fuck did you afford that?"

"I have my ways. And I'm definitely borrowing them sometime."

"You know me so well." Denki snatched up his tiny companion, squeezing him tightly.

"There's a reason I'm your bestie! Now let's look through your gifts, I want to judge, then I'll help you study so you don't die tomorrow."

Denki smiled, arm wrapped around Minoru's shoulders. He should have known things would work out.