Entrance Exam

For the past 9 months, Izuku's been out of the house a lot more than usual. I don't know why, but it just seems like he's been a lot more active. And from what he was talking about– or more muttering– during dinner a few nights before the entrance exam, it sounded like he was going to be trying to get into UA. I don't know how he's gonna do that without a Quirk, but good for him! Maybe he'll become the best pro hero without a Quirk!

Izuku had left early the morning of the exam, so that meant that I was gonna be going to UA by myself. That morning, I had put on something comfortable. A [F/C] camisole, some matching leggings and a loose [Fav/anime character] jacket. This would make it easier to move around and I could take off the jacket if I got too hot. On top of that, I put on my old middle school uniform, since I wasn't really sure if we were supposed to wear it or not. "Good luck today, [Y/N]," Mrs. Midoriya said, giving me a tight hug.

"Thank you," I replied, hugging her back.

"I just know that you're gonna do great!" I laughed as we both let go.

"I appreciate that. I'll call you when it's all over to let you know how I did. But I've really gotta go now, or else I'll be late!" I grabbed my backpack, which was sitting by the door, and swung it over my shoulders.

"Oh, I understand, yeah, it is 8:45 microwave time. I've just gotta make sure though, do you have your water? Hydration is important." I slipped on my tennis shoes and quickly laced them up.

"Yeah, yeah, I've got it, now I've gotta go, thank you though," I answered.

"Okay, now go, before it's too late!" she exclaimed, a slight giggle in her voice.

And before I knew it, I was out of the door. The whole walk there was actually a lot nicer than I thought it would be. Normally, when I don't walk with Izuku, I put earbuds in and listen to music, but something about walking through the early-morning Musutafu streets alone with my thoughts was so peaceful and calming. Of course, about 4 minutes into the walk, I decided to plug in my earbuds, but those few minutes of peace and quiet was nice.

When I got to the school, I stared up at the large building. It was so big. Bigger than I expected. I stopped in my tracks. Wow, I thought. I wasn't expecting that. But my thoughts were soon interrupted when someone bumped into me. "Oi, get out of the walkway if you're gonna stop," a boy's voice said, sounding frustrated with me. I looked at who it was. It was a guy who appeared to be my age. He had spiky blonde hair and, since I could only see him from the back, was wearing the regular middle school uniform with a scarf over the top. But that's when I realized that it was Izuku's friend, Katsuki Bakugo!

"Sorry," I muttered, not wanting to cause any trouble.

When I got into the giant auditorium, I was amazed at how many students were there. A lot of people wanted to study here! Izuku had walked in with some girl and it wasn't long before I spotted him. Making my way up to that row of seats was a lot harder than I thought it would be. But when I finally got there, all of the seats were taken except for one. Next to Bakugo. On the other side of him was Izuku, who gave me a cheery wave, which I replied back to with a small wiggle of my fingers. I decided to suck it up and sit next to Bakugo.

The announcements started and we were passed these papers listing each obstacle and cards with our information. Izuku had started muttering, which honestly didn't surprise me. I've been around him enough to where I can tune it out. Obviously Bakugo hadn't been able to, because a few seconds after Izuku started muttering, he said, "Will you shut up?"

"Like your application said, today you rockin' boys and girls will be out there conducting ten minute mock battles in super-hip urban settings," the announcer, Present Mic, or Hizashi Yamada, explained to us, his voice sounding as enthusiastic as it does on his radio show. "Gird your loins, my friends. After I drop the mic here, you'll head to your specified battle center, sound good?" Nobody replied. If we were in a small group, I would've given a little cheer or at least said a quiet, "Yeah!" but didn't want to embarrass myself. "Okay?"