I Got In!

As soon as we reached my home, I thanked Bakugo for walking me there. To which, he replied, "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Don't expect me to be this nice all the time. Especially now that I know you're basically Deku's sister." I stared into his striking red eyes for a few moments before shrugging and turning to the front door.

"You can go now," I said, not even turning my head to look at him.

When I heard him start walking away, that's when I tried opening the door. If it was locked, I didn't want him to see where we kept our house key. It wasn't under the mat or anything, it was actually on top of the doorframe, since Mrs. Midoriya knew that no one would really look there. Whenever I would have to get the key, I would normally either have to use this stool that we kept next to the front door or attempt to do parkour.

Luckily, in this case, the front door was unlocked. "I'm home!" I called out, closing the door behind me. I heard a crash and then saw Mrs. Midoriya come running towards me, practically tackling me in a hug when she reached me. "Woah!" I stumbled a bit before hugging her back.

"How'd it go? Are you hurt at all? Where's Izuku?" she asked quickly. She was asking me questions at a mile a minute and me being as dehydrated as I was was unable to keep up.

"Is there any water?" I asked. She quickly pulled away from me, keeping her hands on my forearms.

"Oh, yes, sorry." She let go of me completely and walked to the kitchen, me following behind her.

She handed me a glass of water after a few seconds and I took a nice, long sip. Even just from that, I felt a lot better. "Did everything go okay?" she asked.

"Yeah, I did my best," I replied. "I actually got help from one of the other examinees. You know Mrs. Yamaguchi from the yoga classes we attended for a few weeks?" She nodded. "Yeah, I think that might've been her son. He had a similar Quirk to her and I think the same eyes as her."

"Oh, that's cool! Did you get his name?"

"Nope."

After a bit of talking, our conversation fell back to Izuku. "Where is Izuku?" Mrs. Midoriya asked. "Did he get hurt?!"

"He did, but UA's school nurse managed to heal him," I explained. "He'll probably be home a little bit later than normal." I felt my skin, feeling that it was slightly dry.

"Okay, okay, as long as he's not dead," she replied, starting to do the dishes. "Speaking of which, are you actually okay? You looked a little bit shaken up when you walked through the door?" I wasn't sure if I should tell her about what happened. I mean, considering how she reacted when I literally just scraped my knee at age 11, I wasn't sure what to expect with this news about the guy. But after some hesitation, I finally told her. And she reacted just as I thought: Asking me questions a mile a minute. I really am grateful that she actually cares this much about me and wants me okay.

"Seriously, are you sure you're okay?" she asked, drying off her hands with a rag.

"Yes, one of the other examinees took me home, Izuku's friend, Katsuki Bakugo," I answered while I took off my jacket and hung it on our coat rack.

"That boy that Izuku used to attend school with? The one with the spiky blonde hair?"

"Yup."

"Well, that was nice of him."

I went back to my room for a little bit, since dinner wasn't going to be ready for a while. While I watched some videos on YoTube, I thought back to what Bakugo had said. "Don't expect me to be this nice all the time. Especially now that I know you're basically Deku's sister." I'd never actually thought of Deku as a brother. In fact, with how much he's been gone lately, I haven't even really thought of him as a best friend. He's been more like a good friend, but we're not so close that we're like family, never have been.