A Gamer's Heart

I woke up on a cot. I was slightly confused how I got there, when I remembered the match. I sat up, looking around the temporary infirmary. I saw Izuku laying on the cot next to mine, asleep. "Oh, good to see you awake deary," the familiar voice of an old woman said. "I bandaged you up, but you'll need to keep those on until you get home tonight at least." I smiled and bowed.

"Thank you Recovery Girl," I said gratefully. "Can I go back out there?" She nodded and I was on my way.

Upon coming back to where my fellow classmates were, I was greeted with smiles and hugs. "Ow," I said when Mina squeezed my arm a bit too hard.

"Oh, sorry [Y/N]-chan!" she exclaimed. I laughed.

"It's okay, I've just gotta let my left... everything above my hips heal." The bandages on my face made me feel like I was half-Aizawa. Due to this incident that happened at USJ, he basically looked like a mummy. It was like it was Halloween, except less candy.

"Oh, also, I think that Bakugo has something that he'd like to say to you," Ochako said.

"Yeah, he's gonna be nice for once," Yaoyorozu replied. Bakugo, who was standing off to the side, rolling his eyes.

"Well, now I'm not gonna say it," Bakugo growled. "What I am going to ask though is, why are you so damn weak?" I stared at him blankly. Before I could say anything, I saw Mr. Aizawa poke his head in.

"Mr. Aizawa, I thought that you were supposed to be out there announcing with Mr. Yamada," Tsu said.

"I just have to deliver a message," he answered in his usually deadpan voice. "[Y/N], there's some people here to see you. They're in your waiting room." I gave him a questioning look before following him out into the hallway. He appeared to be going back to where he and Mic were announcing, so I went ahead and went on my own way.

Before I could make it too far away, I heard running footsteps approaching me. I turned around to see Bakugo. "What do you want?" I asked, putting on my serious face. "Here to tell me that my Quirks suck again?"

"Okay, I never said that your Quirks suck," he said. "I just wanted to say that your attacks weren't that bad. You actually did a good job." I could tell that I had a slightly surprised look on my face, but I could feel my lips curl up into what could resemble a smile.

"Thanks, that means a lot."

When I found my way to my waiting room and saw who was waiting for me, I stared in shock at who was sitting at the table in the middle of the room. "Mom? Dad?" I asked. "I thought you guys weren't gonna be able to make it!" They both stood up.

"Well, we found out about a month ago that we were gonna be back in time for the Sports Festival, but we wanted to keep it a surprise," my mom explained. While I wanted to run to them and tackle them both in a hug, due to my injuries, all that I could do was walk over to them and give them both individual side hugs.

"We saw your match, you did really well!" my dad beamed. "As expected from my wonderful daughter." He squeezed my side as I tried to get out of his grip.

"Daaaaaad! Stooooooop!" I laughed as he let go.

"Anyways, our next business trip isn't for the next few months, so you'll get to sleep in your own bed for a little while."

"Including tonight?"

"Yup, unless you wanted to spend one more night at the Midoriya's home."

"No, no, it's fine! Thank you!"

—-----------Later that night—-----------------------------

The end of the Sports Festival was pretty great. Bakugo got first place, but was pissed about it because he believed Shoto wasn't giving it his all when they went up against each other. He just wasn't using his fire side, which I can see why Bakugo was so mad. He was not having it, so he had to be chained to the podium. And then when All Might took off the mask Bakugo was wearing and put the metal on, Bakugo was so against getting that thing on, that All Might had to put it on his mouth. When we got back to the classroom at the end of the day, he was sitting at his desk all angry, still holding the metal in his mouth.