On The Job

The next day just felt so empty and depressing. I didn't even bother getting up and getting ready. Notifications were constantly going off on my phone, but I just ignored them. I had a feeling that a majority of them were texts from my middle school group chat. All of my friends liked to spam that since we first made it and that hasn't changed.

I went on as I usually do now, by staring at the ceiling. It was raining outside, which perfectly matched my mood. But then, later on, I heard my mom knock on my door. I sighed. "Not now, mom, I don't wanna eat dinner," I called. She opened the door and poked her head in.

"Well, dinner's not done yet, I haven't even started making it," she started off, "but there are some people here that wanna see you." I looked over and then saw her open the door, revealing 5 figures. Kirishima, Ochako, Momo, Izuku and Shoto.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked. "Did something else happen?"

"Nah, we just missed you girlfriend!" Ochako said enthusiastically. "Well, something else did happen, and that's actually part of the reason why we're here."

"Yeah, come out to the living room, we have a surprise for you," Kirishima added, motioning for me to get up.

"She hasn't stood up in a few days, so I think that you guys should help her up," my mom said.

"No, whatever it is that you have for me, I don't wanna see it. No amount of chocolate fudge pancakes with whipped cream or candy could help me feel better," I said, sighing soon after.

"You'll love this gift, [Y/N]," Momo said, flashing a bright smile. "C'mon, get up."

"I know that I basically jumped with joy when I saw this gift," Izuku said. I rolled my eyes.

"Fine, but if it doesn't make me jump up and down with joy, I'm coming back up here." I then attempted to get up, to which Kirishima and Shoto rushed to either of my sides and grabbed onto one arm. I was glad that they actually helped me, because within 5 seconds of standing, I stumbled.

"Woah, careful there," Shoto said.

"Don't worry, I've had to help my aunt get my uncle out of our family home after he got drunk, he's a sumo wrestler," Kirishima teared up, "so manly," and then went back to normal, "so he's over 200 pounds of pure muscle, I think that I can handle a petite teenage girl."

When we made it to the living room, I gasped as soon as I saw who was standing there. "Katsuki?!" I exclaimed. He smiled and chuckled.

"Hey [Y/N]," he said. I let go of Kirishima and Shoto, quickly running to Katsuki, embracing him in an immediate hug and, yes, jumping up and down for joy.

"What happened?" I asked. "How did you get out of that?"

"Well, let's just say, some extras interfered and got involved with the heroes to get me out," he explained.

"Yup, and then [Y/N]'s mom told us how [Y/N] was refusing to get out of bed," Kirishima said.

"So then we all got an idea," Momo added.

"And these extras told me about it, to which we decided to surprise you," Katsuki finished off. I turned to them.

"This is the best gift I've ever received," I said. "Thank you so much." And then I completely let go of Katsuki. "Also, Kirishima, you told me to come out to the living room, so," I put my hands over my heart and smiled, "I'm gay," I took my hands off from over my heart. It took them all a moment before laughing.

"Oh, yas queen!" Ochako exclaimed, snapping.

—----------A few days later—----------------