17

chapter seventeen

┗━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┛

"dad, i'm sorry. i broke the rule."

silence.

a silence covered the whole dining room after mark admitted his fault, no one was around, there's no maids, guards. wonder why mark also took this chance to admit his mistake.

but a chuckle ruined the silence.

"yah, lee mark. tell me," and his father pointed at him. "the kid named marco is your child, am i right?" he smirked.

"d-dad?" he stuttered, suddenly not knowing what to do.

he thought he's gonna be punished, he even imagined his dad being mad as heck to the point there's a fire coming out from his nose like a dragon—

"and i think you also forgot that i can read your mind?"

looking up, eyes were widened. mark heard his mother let out a chuckle. he immediately stood up from his seat and went in front of his dad and there he knelt.

"dad, i'm sorry. i really tried but i failed. i was too whipped and in love with him to the point i can't stay at my place without seeing him." he begged. "and the kid, i also felt that he's my child because there's a lot of possibilities that he's mine. just because his dada and i had— you know, that something. we made that thing six years ago and i didn't use any protection so there's a possibility that i made him pregnant."

"and dad, he really looks like me. a lot of people assumed that he was my child. i was just waiting for his dada to tell the truth and the reason why he still hid the truth from me even if i already came back." he finished off.

his parents dropped their jaw, mark really told them every detail. well, that's also what they want. to find out the reason why their son broke the rule.

"and if you're not the father?" his father asked.

"i can still be a father to him, i was too attached to the kid already." he pouted.

"and if the real father comes back?" his father asked him again, probably testing him.

"i will make sure he won't." mark said calmly, and didn't even hesitate to say that.

his parents looked at each other, the queen just showed his husband a smile and nodded her head. and the king seemed to understand her immediately.

"stand up, mark." his father told him too. "i'm going to say something." and he smiled before he stood up, leaving the dining room.

mark also stood up and confusingly watched his father leaving, his eyes shifted to his mom but his mother just told him to follow his father.

"dad? what's wrong?" he asked curiously as he found his father on the balcony.

"you know, i really didn't expect that you would also break the rule." his father said, which made mark frown.

"also?" he asked curiously.

"i also broke the rule, son."

mark was stunned because of it. what does his father mean? he thought that his mother was his father's first love?

"yes, she is." he smiled, probably hearing his son's thoughts. "she wasn't born here, son. your mother is really from the world."

"dad... what do you mean?" he asked curiously, nervous at the same time.