DWY - 1

Footsteps are heard through the hallway as a certain girl was whistling, having her earphones plug on and backpack hanging on her right arm.

"Ahn Yujin!"

"Ahn Yujinnn!" The girl continued walking despite multiple shouts of her name. She can't hear them anyway.

She blinked as she heard the music was replaced with murmurs and voices of her friends. They just took her earphones off again, great. "Yah, take these off and at least a day without them." Yena, her friend said with Minjeong pocketing her earphones after.

"Oh?" Yujin stared at them with a curious gaze, wondering why her two friends are here while the others are probably busy with their classes. are they skipping class again? These two..

"We just want to ask if you want to-"

"No." Minjeong was cut off with her friend's simple no. Oh Yujin's not really like this, she's more of a jolly type and such but when it comes to them wanting to go against some rules sometimes she just don't agree. She's the study first type of person.

"Come on, my treat and Hyewon's waiting already!" Yena added, showing her phone with Hyewon waving her hand at the call.

Yujin sighed, looking at her two friends who's looking at her with puppy eyes.

"Alright, just this once because I still have an hour before my next class."

"Also puppy eyes don't suit you, unnies." She said before walking away.

"Yes yes we know you giant puppy! But hey, it did work." Yena smiled and even tiptoed to rumble their youngest's hair. "Let's go!"

-

Just as Yujin was about to enter the usual café they always go to, rather where her friends likes to go to when they have a vacant, her phone suddenly rang from her pocket causing them to stop.

"It's my dad, I'll just follow after this. You guys can order and read something first."

"Okay take your time, Yuj!" She nodded and plastered a small smile before going to the side of the store to answer her father's call.

"Yes dad, I received it already.. thanks."

"Sorry I won't be there for your birthday, Yujin-ah. you know how my work.."

"It's fine.. no worries." She replied with her foot playing on a stone. She doesn't expect because her birthday will just be another normal day.

"I'll make sure I'll make it up to you this Christmas and of course next year on your birthday. Also, you'll have dinner with your mom right?"

"Ah." Yujin mumbled after slightly kicking the stone further and also remembering something.

She hesitates but ends up answering "..yeah" a lie.

She remember the call she had with her mother yesterday. 'sorry darling, I have an urgent appointment with a client tomorrow and you know how whiny Jinho gets when I'm not yet home. I promise to catch up next time, I sent something and also added a new balance on your account. take care, love you.'

Her dad was about to say something when she heard a knock and next a voice. "Excuse me Mr. Ahn, Mr. Park is already at the meeting room."

"Yes I'll be there in a sec."

"Well I gotta go now honey, have a good day since it's your birthday tomorrow! I sent some money on your bank instead you spent it all already, I hope you liked my gift also I'm really sorry I can't see you tomorrow. Take care, love you."

"You too dad, thanks."

Call ended.

Yujin sighed, sitting at the bench near the light pole.

She didn't expect anything, not at all. She's used to it now. Her dad that is so busy with his work and her mom that is also busy with her work and her new family. They're caring and ask how she is but sometimes, of course she just wants them beside her.

And yes, her parents are divorced, for a few years now.. at most, 6 years. It's fine she's used to it. It's more okay rather than hearing them fight everyday. She always says that but despite all that, she just wish they're with her. Just like a complete normal loving family that are together.

What another birthday tomorrow.

It'll be fine..

She encourages herself as she heard that certain voice echoed inside her mind again. It'll be fine.

She just shrugged it off and sighed again before standing up, her friends are waiting for her.

She put her earphones on while walking towards the door and within a second when she just blinked, the next thing she knew is that, she bumped into someone.

"Oh gosh!" She wasn't able to see the woman's face since the stranger instantly went down to get the papers that fell.

"S-sorry!" She exclaimed and went to help her. How embarrassing, thank goodness she doesn't have any liquid drink or else she's more doomed to this stranger. Especially based on her reaction that the paper seems important.

"It's okay, it was my fault too-" The woman wasn't able to finish her sentence when they both met each other's eyes.

Just like in the movies, when did time suddenly felt so slow?

She was breathtaking for Yujin, she was awestruck.

And for the latter, she was clearly thinking how she could get lost with those eyes. Is that even possible? and especially how can the person who bumped into her looked so pretty at the same time handsome and cute?

Both of them didn't dare to look away, eyes still in contact not until they were interrupted by a loud shout, "Minju!!!" making them both look away, awkward with the quite long and sudden eye contact they just had.

"Alright, I'll be there!!" The girl fixed the papers and some sketch books she's holding before looking at the stranger infront of her, wow she's tall tall.

"Uhh, I'm sorry I was distracted.. thinking some thoughts I have. I didn't bump you on purpose, sorry." She blinked, staring at the tall woman who's scratching her head and face was kind of.. red? nevermind.

"It's fine-"

"Min!!"

"Wait a sec!"

"I gotta go and I apologize too for bumping onto you I was busy rechecking if I had the right papers with me, sorry!" And the girl left, leaving Yujin standing there.

"..is that, Karina unnie?" she just shook her head after seeing a familiar face, her friend's friend who shouted and called for the woman. She picked her bag that was placed on the ground since she helped the stranger earlier to pick the papers.

Yujin sighed, she can finally breath properly. She felt like her heart is gonna jump out of her chest earlier, and why is that? She wonders too.

Her gaze automatically shifted to the ground after picking her bag up, she tilted her head as she went down to pick it up. What is this..

Her student ID? What?

Minju? ..Kim Minju?

"Wait your ID miss-" Yujin cut herself off when she looked around, eyes trying to find a certain person but failed. What now?

"What will I do with this?" She mumbled to herself, sighing and just found herself entering the bookstore slash café to go find her friends and maybe ask for help too.

-

Short fic, at least 10 chapters. :)