DWY - 6

// 6 years ago.

"Kim Minju, I didn't raise you to be a disappointment!"

"Why can't you do things right?!" He suddenly threw a vase but luckily it didn't hit her. As soon as she got home from school her dad threw a glass at the floor making her shake in fear, again.

"Y-yeobo, that's enough-"

"Don't interfere!!" Minju flinched, trembling in fear as her dad threw a frame this time.

"You just have to study! Get a perfect score!! And you can't even do that?!"

"D-dad I really t-tried my best-"

"I don't care!!"

"You just have to get perfect scores Minju!! Just that! And you can't do that at all! You're such a disappointment again!!" I got the highest score, I did everything and studied hard but it all ended up with me being a disappointment. Minju's tears fell as she ran towards her room, locking the door.

"Come back here! You--!" She trembles in fear, resting her back in the door as she silently sobs. She got 4 mistakes on a test. With that her mom took a hit for her. She was hit in the arm that was supposed to be for her.

"Why is this so hard.." she cried and cried until she didn't realize she fell asleep anymore

Minju woke up with someone stroking her hair. "Dear, I've got something for you.." she sat up and saw that it was no other than her mom who entered after knocking twice.

"I'm sorry I can't do anything earlier-"

"You already did mom, we just can't.. do anything to stop him."

"What's that?" She eyed on the envelope. "Get your wallet" and she did.

Her mom took out bills,"this was suppose to be given to you last week so here."

"You can spent it anytime" she smiled, "even right now?" She really wants to do something to distract her mind from the memory earlier.

"Well you can go-" She hurriedly stood up, "thank you mom I'll spent this well!" Minju smiled before she took an umbrella and went outside of her room just to meet a pair of scary eyes.

"Kim Minju!! You! Come back here!" She ignored it and ran. She didn't stop, her dad might really hit her again if she does.

She ran and ran with her bag and wallet inside. she didn't even realize she's outside the park already. It also started raining luckily she has her umbrella with her.

Her eyes darted into something, "The ice cream truck!" She hurriedly went inside while holding the umbrella.

But instead of running directly for the ice cream, she stopped on her track. Raising an eyebrow when she saw and heard someone.

The girl has her head down, she's crying too and she's letting herself be drenched by the rain and without a second thought Minju went to her. Holding an umbrella to stop the rain from hitting this person.

"Are you okay?" The girl looked at her with teary eyes, what's wrong?

The girl cried even harder making her pat her back. "It'll be fine.."

I don't know how to comfort but.. I don't want her to cry.

After staying by the girl's side, Minju decided to brighten up the mood. She wants this person to smile at least. Her day was bad today and since this person seems like she had a bad day too then.. might as well do something to make both of them feel better. Like the ice cream truck earlier!