7. 𝘔𝘈𝘒𝘌 𝘈𝘕 𝘈𝘗𝘗𝘖𝘐𝘕𝘛𝘔𝘌𝘕𝘛, 𝘛𝘏𝘌𝘕 𝘞𝘌'𝘓𝘓 𝘛𝘈𝘓𝘒

A shower of bullets rained down on Shigaraki from two directions, Y/n's, and the stairs. Back up had finally arrived, and Snipe's bullets blended with Y/n's. She cursed when Kurogiri warped the two out of the facility. Shoving her gun in its holster, she walked back to her students, ushering them away from All Might's deteriorating form. She knew of his state, almost all the staff knew. "Midoriya! Are you alright?!" Kirishima shouted, running towards All Might and Midoriya. Y/n placed a hand on his chest as Cementos summoned a wall behind her.

"Leave the injured to your teachers. He's gonna be okay. Please go to the front of the gate with the rest so you can also be checked for injuries." She said to him, and he smiled before scurrying off. Bakugou turned to look back at her and nodded, she nodded back. When he turned his back towards her she walked off behind the cement wall to check on All Might. "That was quite the headache. You pushed yourself too hard Yagi." She stared at him blankly. "I'd call you a show-off but I'd be a hypocrite," Y/n smirked.

"Thank you. You were admirable yourself today." All Might smiled. "I shouldn't have doubted you. For a second I thought..." "Pfft. Nothing can break me. I'm untouchable." She beamed before turning on her heel and walking away. "I had it under control y'know.." She mumbled to Snipe when she passed him. "I apologise. I didn't mean to screw with your shot." He said, making her sigh. "It's fine. I can't be mad at you, it's not your fault the media hates me." She mumbled. He patted her back and nodded. "It's okay kid. They can't appreciate how good of a shot you are. Or how good of a hero."

She nodded and continued walking toward the ambulance to check on Aizawa. "Is he awake?" Y/n muttered; the EMT nodded. "How is he?" She asked. "His arms are riddled with small fractures. He's suffering from a lot of facial fractures as well, but thankfully no brain damage. It's just... the bones around his eye, the orbital area, have been crushed into a powder almost. There's a chance it'll affect his eyesight but we're not sure." The EMT explained, and Y/n's facial expression saddened immediately. "Oh fuck..." She whispered under her breath, squeezing the bridge of her nose between her fingers. "Don't put too much blame on yourself. You were quick to pull the creature off of him and prevented brain damage.." The EMT tried to reassure. Y/n nodded the words off.

She wasn't fit for a job like this, hero work was enough of a hassle. Someone like her was only fit for taking care of dirty jobs underground.

Jobs where she didn't have people helping her, partners to hurt.

And she already had that job. This wasn't for her. She didn't want to put the kids in danger with her infamous style of fighting. And she certainly didn't want to let her personal problems affect them either.

For all she thought, she was a ticking bomb. Except that she had no timer, so no one knew when she might just... well y'know.

Aizawa was being bandaged up while lying down and staring at the ambulance roof when she slipped into the car and sat on the opposite side of the other EMT patching him up. "Hey. M' sorry for being late. And for letting that Nomu get to you, I stopped it too late." She began, then took a deep breath. Her actions from the day before flashed in her mind. 'How could I just get high and spill.. Whatever the fuck I said to him and just leave these kids to fend for themselves.' She thought back to the terrified expressions their faces held when she got there.

"...I think I should just quit. I'm not sure this job is for me. Not when there are kids involved. I can recommend people who'd be fit for the combat teacher position-"

"For god's sake shut the hell up." Aizawa's gruff voice said from under the oxygen mask. He pulled it down and sat up, ignoring the hushed protests from the EMT. "You were late, yes. So you'll handle the paperwork for the report about what happened today. Consider that to be the consequence. But you still got here and kicked ass. I saw most of what you did. The kids being involved is what's bringing out the best," He paused to cough, "In you." Y/n shook her head and opened her mouth to deny it.

"Don't give me more shit. You're an irresponsible egomaniac. But that's when you fight all alone. Here? You were ferocious when the kids were at stake." He raised the oxygen mask and laid back down. "If there's any job you should quit it's being on the top five.." His hums were muffled. He closed his eyes again to rest and she took it as a sign to leave. 'The egomaniac comment was a bit unnecessary... But I guess that's an Aizawa thing.' She thought to herself. 'I'll give myself a second chance. I... I think I'll stick to what I know because that stuff is...'

Y/n shook her head. She shoved her hands into her pockets and walked over to the other ambulance where the green-haired boy was being rolled in. 'He's a fool to think I'd quite being a hero. Cash flow is too heavy.' She smiled at her own joke and nodded at the EMT. "How's the kid?" "Two shattered legs. But he'll recover. We gave him some sedation for the pain. Have you been checked out ma'am?" He asked. "Pshh. I'll make it." Y/n laughed lightly and walked off to go check on the other kids.

"..17...18...19.. Okay then. Not counting Midoriya, everyone is pretty much unharmed." Y/n sighed. Kirishima raised his arm. "Yes?" "How is Mr. Aizawa? And Thirteen?" He asked worriedly. "They're pretty banged up. But nothing fatal thankfully. Mr. Aizawa landed a few fractures that might affect his quirk but I don't know much about that... He's strong, you don't have to worry about him. All Might is fine too. So is Midoriya. Nothing Recovery girl can't fix." She explained tiredly. She rocked back and forth on her feet, trying to shove away the feelings of guilt that lingered despite Aizawa's reassurance.

The self-deprecating thoughts that were crawling into her brain were quickly interrupted when Bakugou grunted out: "What about you?". She looked at him curiously. "Yeah. You were blown across the arena. All Might said you'd probably be fine but we were very concerned. That must've done some damage," Todoroki spoke. "...It damaged my confidence is what it did.. Are you not confident in your teacher? No matter how many times I get down... I will get back up just to protect my precious students!" She dramatically stated, wrapping her arm around Bakugou's shoulder and messing up his tuft of blond hair.

"Get off of me you sappy woman!" He grumbled, making her chuckle. Her phone vibrated in one of her pockets. She let go of him to walk off to a more secluded spot and he went on screaming at his classmates for giggling at him. Y/n recognised the government serial number immediately and a look of disbelief appeared on her face. "Did I not block you? What do you want from me now?" She huffed. "Have some manners please Ts-" "Don't start that again. And you know what to call me by. Just because you're the President of the public safety whatever doesn't mean you get to be chummy with me. Its Themis. Now get to the point. What's so important that you couldn't contact my secretary like any other normal person?"

"You're at the USJ correct? I've received information that the villains who didn't escape have all been apprehended. That means that your job is finished Themis, so could you come to my office as fast as you can?" The Public hero safety commission's president waited in silence for Y/n to respond. The response never came, however, and the president frowned when her phone let out a beep signalling the end of the call. "These people have no shame.." Y/n mumbled and put her phone on silent. "Tsk. Unbelievable." She tutted, walking back to her students.

"Right. Sorry about that. Has everyone been interviewed and checked out by the medical team?" They all nodded and she clapped her hands together with a happy sigh. "Well then. Get on the bus and let the heroes take care of everything else. As your homeroom teacher, I'm responsible for getting you all home safely so I'll be driving." She beamed at the class. They shared looks but quickly piled up into the bus. "Hey, Themis. Are you sure you don't need anyone to tag along on the bus for safety reasons?" Present Mic asked her before she could enter the bus. "Don't worry about that, I'm all the ammunition I need." She gave him a knowing look and he laughed.

"Check on Aizawa for me. I have something to do after this." Y/n told him, and he nodded. "Will do!" His voice boomed, making her flinch slightly. She walked off and got on the bus; Her mind was racing with thoughts of the night before. Now that everything was handled, the anxieties about her lack of memory came back.

She needed to visit him again. Get some clues on what she said. He told her to get a load off her shoulder, but how much of that load did she really let off? Arata was not a trustable person, not with that kind of information. He was a give-and-get-back type. Arata would not be above using that information for a favour, and Y/n needed to find out exactly how much information she gave to prepare herself for what he might do with it.

"Buckle up everyone. Let's get you home..."