12. 𝘚𝘛𝘖𝘗 ******* 𝘊𝘌𝘕𝘚𝘖𝘙𝘐𝘕𝘎 𝘔𝘌!

"Good day everyone and welcome to U.A.'s sports festival where the hero worlds little hatchlings aim for each other's throats-" "-And the top! I'm your host Pro-Hero and English teacher Present Mic! And this is-" "Your better host Themis: number four Pro-Hero, homeroom and combat teacher for the fresh new class who shrugged off a villain assault with wills of steel, the class I'm sure you're all here to see in action, 1-A!" Mic and Y/n enthusiastically announced from their stand high above in the arena. "Ah here comes the rest of the departments. General education, support, management..." Present Mic counted.

"Fine day for fighting eh Mic?" Y/n smiled, leaning back into her comfortable chair. "Agreed Themis! Sun is shining and rainclouds are nowhere to be seen!" He cheerfully replied. "And now for a little word from our player representative, Katsuki Bakugou of class 1-A!" Y/n announced. They switched off their microphones and leaned forwards to watch as Bakugou walked up to the stands with his hands in his pockets. "What do you think he'll say?" Mic asked Y/n, and she shrugged. "I have a slight feeling if the way he acts is any indication he'll say..."

Y/n quirked her brows, he was glaring right at her from his stand. "I'm gonna place first." And with that, he stepped off of the stand and rejoined the crowd of students who were now all screaming at him. Y/n burst into laughter, with her hand covering her mouth and her head tilted back. "Haha oh my god! I didn't think he'd have the nerve! This kid is hilarious!" She tried to collect herself but she was laughing too hard. "He reminds me of you! Remember when you promised to get on the top five!" "Oh hush haha!"

The two cleared their throats and quickly got back to their jobs. "Right, thank you for that. Now, we move directly to our first event! The preliminaries!" Mic said, switching the microphones back on. "Lots of lovely students end up choking on their tears here every year! But fret not, it'll be fun!" Y/n chimed. "Indeed! This year's first round of destiny is... an obstacle race!" The screen right under their little pod lit up and displayed the instructions. "Ooooh, how fun! Tell me about the race Mic," Y/n spoke into her microphone.

"Your wish is my command. This is a race between all 11 classes, the course itself is around 4km and rings around the stadium. And since we always talk about freedom on this campus, you're free to do anything if you stay within the course! Exciting right?" He asked, she hummed. "Very. So now that we have a clear idea of what's going on, let us get to it. On your marks, get set..." Y/n paused for a few seconds to create tension before nodding at Mic, who burst merrily. "Staaaaaart!"

"Alriiiiiiight! The excitement begins! You'll have live commentary from the three of us up here on the podium, are you ready Eraserhead?" Y/n flung her head back and glanced over to Aizawa who was sitting and sulking behind her. "Sure. Since you dragged me here by force." He snarled at the two sitting in front of him. Y/n gave him an upside-down grin before turning back to look out of the glass window again.

"Looks like Todoroki has a head start here." "Oh but not too fast Mic, here comes the first barrier, Robo-inferno!" She leaned into the seat and rested her feet on a table, but Aizawa slapped them away and ended up receiving a glare from her end. "You got hired after the exam so you didn't get to see these little wonders here, the robots that the students are fighting are the villain-bots from the heroics entrance exam." Mic explained. Suddenly, Todoroki spewed out mountains of ice towards the bots.

"Oh ****! Wait what the ****? Are these microphones automatically censored?" Y/n asked with a baffled look. "Yup! For TV purposes." Mic explained. "Oh, that's freaky..." The crowds laughed at the two's interaction. "Right! 1-A's Todoroki has forged himself a path and blocked the others while he's at it. Kid's harsh, I love it!" Y/n beamed, resting her cheek on her palm. It was hard to hide the fact that she was slightly biased towards her homeroom class.

"Incredible! He's completely removed himself from the rest of the competition, kind of feels unfair." Mic muttered while staring intensely at the kids below. "Awe there's nothing wrong with having an advantage over your opponents!" Y/n purred with a grin. "Of course you'd know better, 98% of quirks have no effect on you! Cruel!" Mic laughed, patting her shoulder. "Oh, you flatter me. Thank you, Mic." "Any day Themis." The two started laughing but quickly turned their attention back to the course.

"Would you look at that, 1-A's Bakugou has abandoned the ground and vaulted over everyone's heads using his quirk. Clever, that one!" She clapped her hands excitedly. More and more students began to run past the icy obstacle created by Todoroki.

"As expected, of those who ran past, most are from class-A. Themis, what exactly are you teaching these kids during combat training?!" "I've gotta say Mic, as much as I'd like to take credit this isn't all me. And it's not like the rest of the kids are lacking either. It's just that since these kids have had a brush against the real hero world, they know just how time is of the essence. So coping with this type of stress comes easier to them now." Y/n explained quite humbly, which took Aizawa by surprise.

"Right Aizawa?" She turned, and he nodded stiffly. "Yeah, you're right. Their experiences are a source of encouragement now. It's drowning their doubts and hesitation." He mumbled. Y/n smiled to herself, she felt reassured. There's a part of her that still cares about what people that she's close to think about her; no matter how many times she tries to convince herself that this part of her is dead, it's not.

"Well, now that most of the students have gotten past the first obstacle, I think it's time for the second one eh Mic?" "Of course! You fall and you're out! If you don't like that idea, maybe you can crawl! It's the fall!" Mic announced. "Yikes, so this is a glorified version of tightrope? Sounds fun. Oh look at that, the support department is using their equipment. How cool is that!" Y/n commented. "Y'know guys, the support department has a special place in my heart, very talented people." She sighed. Mic hummed and nodded. "Agreed."

"Right everyone! The final barrier is here, get excited about the minefield!" Y/n announced. "If you look carefully, you can see where they are, so this is an eye strainer. But don't worry, they're not lethal!" Mic explained. "They do bang big and bright though! So hold on to your pants!" Y/n laughed. They all watched, waiting for some sort of development. Y/n caught it first, Bakugou had blown himself forwards and ahead of Todoroki. "There! Rejoice, mass media! This is the sort of development you crave! Bakugou blows ahead and takes the lead from Todoroki, but not so fast! They're pulling each other back for the lead!"

Her jaw quickly dropped when a huge explosion sent Midoriya flying from the back and charging into the lead. "Oh ****!" Y/n yelped. Both she and Mic slammed their hands on the desk in front of them and jumped up. "Class-A's Midoriya mounts a giant explosion! He overtook them! He overtook Bakugou and Todoroki!" Mic screeched. "The two who were in the lead are no longer at each other's necks and seem to be chasing Midoriya instead!" "Classic! An enemy of your enemy is your friend, right Mic?" "The two of you are idiots."

Y/n turned to him and scrunched her nose. Her attention was quickly drawn back to the fight when Midoriya used the metal board that he was surfing to blow up another landmine right in the two boys' eyes. "Midoriya blew dust in their eyes and cleared the landmine area entirely! Damn you two! Your class is insane!" Mic whistled, impressed. "Haha! Hell yeah!" Y/n cheered. "You're not even trying to hide your bias Themis!" "I'm sorry, I can't help it! I'm just proud of my class!" She laughed, hiding her face embarrassedly when the cameras zoomed in on her reaction.

"Who could have guessed this happening? The man who returned to the stadium in triumph is none other than Izuku Midoriya of 1-A!" Mic said with a satisfactory sigh. Y/n nodded.

"That's right, they're all steadily crossing the finish line, we'll compile the results later, but for the time being enjoy your breather."