10. 𝘓𝘌𝘈𝘚𝘛 𝘙𝘌𝘚𝘗𝘖𝘕𝘚𝘐𝘉𝘓𝘌 𝘈𝘋𝘜𝘓𝘛 𝘐𝘚 𝘕𝘖𝘞 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘖𝘕𝘓𝘠 𝘙𝘌𝘚𝘗𝘖𝘕𝘚𝘐𝘉𝘓𝘌 𝘈𝘋𝘜𝘓𝘛

The day after USJ school was closed, which gave Y/n a full day to sober up from the night before. Y/n was back in school with a coffee and a tired smile on her face before she knew it. "Early for once?" A gruff voice spoke from behind her when she walked up to the conference room. All staff were called for a meeting before the first lesson. She turned and eyed the bandaged Aizawa. "You look like absolute shit." She tutted. "We're not all invincible." He retorted, his eyes going red for a split second. Y/n's eyes quickly widened when the searing coffee in the cup burn the tips of her fingers.

"That was unnecessary!" Y/n complained with a pout and a frown. "Humbling is always necessary." He retorted, making her roll her eyes. "You're such a dick..." She sneered under her breath. "Good morning young Y/n!" All Might's loud obnoxious voice made her jump and almost spill on herself. "Christ... Work on your entrances man..." She scolded, turning to give the muscled man a look of 'what the hell?'. He quickly deflated and bowed. "I apologize young Y/n. Are you feeling any better? Your assistant told me that you were feeling unwell yesterday." He asked calmly.

"You talked to my assistant?" She frowned, confused. "Yes. I wanted to check on you after the hit you took for me two days ago." He explained. "Tsk. I said I'm okay. I was unwell because of something else..." She reluctantly grumbled, not looking him in the eye. "So you're better now?" Y/n stayed silent for a few seconds and stared ahead before responding. "...Yeah. 'm fine." She murmured. More staff began to arrive and it wasn't long until they were all sat in the conference room. Y/n ended up sitting between All Might and Nezu.

"I did a thorough search for the name 'Shigaraki' and for his quirk that seemed to entail disintegrating whatever he touches. I scoured the quirk registration records for people in their 20s and 30s but I couldn't find anything like it." The chief detective began. Y/n chewed on the inside of her cheek. 'That's probably because he changed his name and disappeared from society when he was young. Before he got his quirk registered. Or even removed himself from the registry... I've seen it before in my other line of work...' She pondered to herself, making a mental note to check on it later.

Hey, just because she's not working for the commission doesn't mean she can't investigate privately.

"Nothing on the black mist man either." He then went on rambling about the possibility of fake names, how they didn't know how the villains got in and some other stuff. "So to keep a long story short, we have nothing on them at all, and once their little ring leader Shigaraki heals those gunshot wounds they'll come back to fuck us over and give us more grief?" Y/n huffed, leaning back into her chair. "Ring leader eh..." All Might muttered, making her glance at him questioningly. "It just came to me. That was a daring plan, they wouldn't have done that under normal circumstances. And the meticulous intent of it too!"

He explained how he noticed that Shigaraki kept rambling about the Nomu and said very little about his own quirk. And that when things don't go his way, the throw a tantrum. Shigaraki seemed to take a lot of pride in his possessions. He made the point that he was some sort of man-child. "You mean he's just a kid with power or somethin'?" Vlad King gruffed. "He might not have received the same quirk counselling in elementary school like the other kids..." Muttered Midnight. "He might not even have received it in the first place..." Y/n whispered to herself, no one seemed to have heard.

"And?! What does that have to do with anything?" Vlad King grumbled, making Y/n roll her eyes. 'So impatient and ignorant...' Y/n judged silently. The chief detective went on: "We rounded up 72 villains at USJ. All thugs, the types who sulk in dark alleys. The problem is they all seemed to swear allegiance to that 'man-child' and followed him without question.". This made Y/n frown. There's no way someone like Shigaraki, a childish man prone to tantrums, gathered all these men and kept them loyal. Not this type of common thug, they're loyal to no one.