22. 𝘗𝘓𝘜𝘚 𝘖𝘕𝘌, 𝘗𝘓𝘜𝘚 𝘜𝘓𝘛𝘙𝘈

FIRST TERM FINAL EXAM, INGENIUM & TAILMAN VS THEMIS

The two students were about to walk into their respective arena when they ran into Y/n, who was shining a pistol in front of the gate. "Uhm, you're not gonna shoot us, are you ma'am?" Ojiro asked her, nervously scratching the back of his neck. Iida gulped beside him, queasy but not wanting to comment. She chuckled at the two boys and shook her head. "They're BB guns and rifles, you'll be fine. It's just teeny tiny plastic balls. The worst injury from them is a teeny tiny bruise. You should be worried about any punches or kicks I land." She explained, showing the two of them the miniscule balls.

"Oh. That's very interesting ma'am." They hummed. The two walked in and All Might explained through the speakers that they'd get a two-minute head start. Y/n stayed outside, strapping her weapons to her suit and standing up. "Here are your weights, don't have too much fun." Aizawa spoke up from behind her, handing her the ankle and wrist cuffs. "Oh thanks, I was just gonna run up and grt them." She accepted them gratefully and snapped them on. Aizawa turned to leave, but she called out to him before he could. "We're supposed to leave an opening for them to escape, right? How big of an opening?"

"Not big enough for it to be noticeable that you're going easy. They think that we're not holding back, let's keep them thinking that way." He smirked before turning his back and walking off. "Right, got it." Y/n chuckled, moving towards the entrance with a small smile.

"Right, let us devise a plan. First, we map out our surroundings. From the other matches, I've noticed that each arena is designed to suit each teacher's abilities, to give them an upper hand so that they don't hold back on us..." Iida tapped his chin, looking up at the tall buildings surrounding them. "We shouldn't capture her." Ojiro spoke up. "She fought off the whole class without a scratch, capture is not an option. We should try to escape." He continued, Iida agreed.

"We should start running and keep moving around, she can take two approaches, either chase us or camp. But if we stay moving, it'll protect us from both." Iida added, Ojiro nodded. The timer on their head start went off, and the two nodded determinedly at each other before bolting. Y/n hummed whilst she climbed up the stairs of a building close to the exit gate. There was only one way to the gate, and she set up camp on the roof of one of the buildings on that path.

Sitting with her legs crossed on the roof, Y/n deployed a small, bee-sized flying camera which she sent to hunt them down. She attached a one-lensed headpiece on her ear that would display the camera's view to her right eye. The camera finally found the two, running. She watched through the lens while setting up her riffle, smiling to herself whenever they checked behind them to see if she was following. When they stopped running, Y/n got curious and activated the microphone to hear what they were talking about.

"Wait! Iida stop. I don't think she's following us. Listen." Ojiro said. Iida did as he was told, then glanced at his classmate questioningly. "The hooks, they make sounds when she uses them, and I haven't heard them since we started. I think she's camping." The blond explained. "Right, let's go." Iida nodded, and they began to run again. Whilst they ran, Y/n's camera got a little too close and was accidentally swatted away by Ojiro's tail. "Crap..." She hummed, removing the device away from her eye.

The two boys sneaked into one of the buildings and moved within them, crawling and staying away from windows. They reached a building, which was right next to the exit and across Y/n's camp– but they didn't know that. "We need to check if she's standing guard out there." Iida said, Ojiro nodded and crawled towards the window. He sat down with his back facing the wall and the window besides his head. After taking a deep breath, he lifted his hand to move the curtain so that he could peek his head out and check.