Why did they fight?

"Teju, I don't even get to see you properly. Do you even realise ?"

The way we used to be and the way we are now are extremely different. I feel like I'm in a long distance relationship despite not being in one. Goddammit!"

"Sunny, kaam hai na?" Teju was trying to pacify him.

But unlike their usual arguments, this one heated up quickly and went in a direction that was entirely unexpected.

"Dancing with simbu,calling baabz instead of me yeh kaam hai ?" He was having an emotional outburst. They haven't had one in such a long time.

She came forward and tried to hold his hands.

"Don't. Don't even try."

"Tu bhi toh baat karti hai vidhi aur akasa ke saath ? Tera bhi girlfriends hai na?" She asked.

"Hadd hai yaar. I can't deal with this shit anymore."

"Go hug your Baabz or simbuda or whomever...tu na natak kar rahi hai mere saath"

She looked into his eyes only for three seconds but he could see that tears were going to come out. She didn't want to give him the satisfaction of watching tears in her eyes. She ran away and hugged Omi tightly.

Omi was startled at first, but it was Teju. He was family to her. He felt that. He looked at Karan, as if he was waiting for his bhai's permission. KK understood and the moment he nodded, Omi hugged her tightly. He kissed affectionately on her forehead and asked, "Abhi baat nahi karni? "

She nodded.

Karan tried to pull her towards him, but she resisted. She hugged Omi even more tightly, and Karan had to give up.

"Mein chalu saath? " Omi asked.

She nodded her head again.

"Mujhe iski Shakal nai dekhni." She complained like a 10 year old kid.

They walked towards the door all the while she kept hugging Omi and facing away from Karan. It looked like Omi was dragging a panda on his back.

On their way back, Omi asked her,

" Aise rote nahi teju. Acha, Chal, momos khane chale? "

She refused. He could see that she was controlling her emotions. Hence, he didn't insist.

Omi was quite fond of her. He related to her. Their outlook towards life was basically the same- Khush raho, mast raho, hasate raho. She was a little more foolish and lot more stubborn than him, but she was also a lot more sensible than all of them combined. She got him when No one else did and he gets her when at times, his Karan bhai refuses to..like today.

"Mein teri team mein hoon teju. Aise kaise bol sakti hai bhai ? Kuch zyada bol diya. Ab tujhe 1 mahine tak baat nahi karni chahiye" Omi tried to pacify her and get her to open up like he would with a 10 year old kid.

Little did he know she was gonna take him too seriously.