Chapter 8

Hi everybody! I'm back~. I haven't updating much and I'm so sorry for that. School took up a lot of time and I was trying to get my storyline. I also changed The knight Silam to Silas because It sounded better. I don't know, what about you? Anyway, let's get on with the story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What do you have up your sleeve, Mia?" Jas asked suspiciously as she took the food for the second course.

"What do you mean? I'm just going to give that Tusaine barbarian what he so richly deserves, " Mia said innocently as she pilled the plates on top of her tray and a jar full of gravy. Balancing the tray and the jar,she walked towards to where the Tusaine knights are sitting. Quietly, Mia laid the plates in front of the Tusaine knight. The second course happened to be steak with a side of mash potatoes. Mia poured the hot gravy on top of the knight's plates and move on the next. However, she made sure that Silas was the last person she served.

Finally Mia reached Silas. As she was placing the second course in front of him, she could see that he was staring at chest and behind. As Mia was reaching for the jar of gravy, Silas whispered flirtatiously,"Hey. How about you visit my room later?" He groped Mia's behind as he winked at her suggestively. Mia thought this whole experience was disgusting. She forced a smile as she poured the gravy on the potatoes.

As she was pouring the gravy, Mia's hand 'slipped' and the hot gravy spilled on Silas lap. Silas jumped up and cursed at Mia. The whole table was surprised at Sir Silas's outburst

"How dare you! You did that on purpose!" he cried at Mia, enraged.

"Sir Silas, I did no such thing. I am quite clumsy and I'm a new, please forgive me," Mia said, feigning innocence as bowed her head.

"Clumsy?! You did that on purpose just because I touched you! " Silas shouted at Mia.

Silas did not register what he saying until he was finished but by then the damage was done. The people of Tortall and Scanra was looking at him with disgust while the people from Tusaine shifted in their seat, looking uncomfortable.

Mia hid a smile behind her hair that covered her face as she bowed to Silas.

"Well, he did not have to wait long to receive his deserts."

"Well, Sir Silas I think you should change out of your pants. If you leave in there too long, the stain might not come off," King Jonathan said, looking at Silas, with a unknown glint in his eyes.

"O-of course, Your Majesty. Please excuse me," Silas bowed to King Jonathan and left the room but not before throwing a spiteful look at Mia.

"Your Majesty, I apologize for Silas' behaviour. I'm pretty sure-." the Duke Heath was trying to apologize but was cut short by His Majesty holding up his hand.

"Don't bother coming up with excuses, Duke Heath. Your are not able to justify his action," he spoke lightly but there was a coldness beneath his tone.

"Of course, Your Majesty. Please forgive me." Duke Heath stammered. The banquet continued but there was an air of tension and uncomfortableness in the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well, that was interesting and not awkward at all, Mia," Jas said as they were walking back to their rooms.

"Look, my hand slipped. I was clumsy and I got the punishment for it," Mia replied.

Miss Sina gave Mia a terrific lecture and appointed her to serve one of the Ladies from Tusaine for the whole three weeks the nobles will be in Tortall. The lady she was to serve is Lady Barbara Lousina and she was rumoured to be spoilt and treats servants horribly. During the lecture, Mia could tell that Miss Sina was not at all angry with her but Miss Sina had to honor one of the key rules that if a serving girl mades a mistake, she had to be punished for it.