Chapter 7

"Ok, this is where all the food will be put for you to serve the guests and there will be some squires helping out because it's a political dinner gathering. Remember your manners," Sina told the serving maids and boys.

Mia sighed in relief as she sat down on one of the stools, resting her tired feet from all the last miute preparation. Suddenly, the door burst open and in came four boys. Jas shook her hand excitedly. "Look, it's the squires! And I think you might recognise two of them."

"Hey Mia! How are you?" A friendly voice called her to look at his direction. It was Liam wearing a fancy green tunic and dark breeches and a friendly smile on his face. After him came in two other squires and following them, was Luke who was looking handsome in his blue tunic and breeches. The first squire had a tan skin and a muscular frame. He had a strong jawline and a easy smile on his face. The second had paler looking skin and a smaller frame. His face looks serious but he had a friendly air around him.

"So you're the girl that Liam has been talking about. No wonder, you are quite a beauty," the tan squire winked flirtatiously at Mia. "Alright, enough flirting Nathan," Liam pushed him away playfully. "Sorry about that. That's Nathan of Andros and he is Francis of Kitalia." Liam pointed towards the squires as he introduced them to Mia. Andros and Kitalia were located in the Southern part of Tortall. They were famous for their handmade goods which contributed a lot to Tortall's economy. Mia stood up and gave them a curtsy low enough in the presence of a young noble. The servings girls and boys followed suit. Nathan gave her another wink and Francis gave a small wave.

"Hi, I'm Mia. This is my friend, Jas." Jas gave a small smile and a nod. I can almost hear her screaming inside, Mia hid a knowing smile as she looked at Jas. The others introduced themselves and exchanged talks.

As the squires and the serving girls and boys talked, Mia waved to Luke who was hanging in the corner. Luke scowled at her and turned away, his back facing towards Mia.

"Still a jerk,"Mia thought as she looked at Luke.

The doors opened and Sina came in. "Good, you've all met each other. Get ready, dinner is going to start soon." 

****

"Look, there's Sir Alanna. She looks pretty in that dress. Hey there's her husband, George Cooper of Pirate Swoop. He looks rather dashing. Look that's-"

"Jas?" Mia interjected.

"Yes?"

"How am I supposed to serve if you're whispering in my ear, telling me the name of every person sitting around the table? " Mia hissed as walked towards the table, carrying a tray full of food.

Jas mouthed sorry as they neared towards the table of Dining Hall. Dinner already started and the royals, knights and officials were tucking into their grand feast. Serving girls and boys walked up and down the table serving them with smiles on their faces and manners from all the classes/lectures. The squire carried pitchers of Tortall's finest wine, making sure the glasses were always filled to the brim.

There plentiful of conversations from every end of the table as Mia placed the first course on the tables, hearing a little bit of every conversation.

".......the economy of Tusaine is-"

".....that spell is one of the hardest believe me and-"

"......come one, Dilas. Take on that bet. It's 10 gold nobles!"

Mia kept her head down respectfully as she walked towards the corner of the Hall, joining the others. When she reached she noticed that Sally's eyes were red and puffy indicating that she has been crying.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Mia kept her head low and she barely moved her lips as she talked, as they were not supposed to talk when they were standing at the corner.

"I served Silas, the knight, and the rumours were true. He asked so many personal questions and h-he touched my b-butt." at this, Sally eyes were filled with new tears.

Mia's blood boil when she heard how that sorry excuse of a knight treated her friend. Well, he was going to pay.

"I'll serve him later at the second course, you can take my area." Mia said.

"W-what are you going to do? He's going to the same thing to you."

"Don't worry. I'm gonna make sure he knows what happens when he messes with my friends."

Mia smilled grimly as she thought of way to make sure that dear old Silam will learn his lesson in a way he can never forget.

—————————————————————-

CLIFFHANGER!! Dun Dun Dun!

Hi everybody! Sorry it took so long to update! The past few months have been just crazy, with my homework, test and after school activities. I hope you like this book so far! It been so fun to write this. Please post comments on how can I improve this book or maybe share you ideas on how Mia gonna make Silam pay. Until the next update, bye!