Chapter 2

A month later.....

Jasmine or also known as Jas and Mia were sitting in the Servants' Dining Area with the other maids, serving boys and the the other staff for their monthly meeting to discuss on their jobs and schedules. The whole kitchen was buzzing with conversations.

"Oh, I wonder what's going to happen. Maybe they will be talking about the rumoured guests that are coming. Hey, maybe I mean, your already here for a month and your work is quite good. I hope to see some of the royalty. The boys are soo handsome," Jas sighed as she made a dreamy face.

"Oh please. They would want to see someone beautiful not you, " Sonia said snidely.

Jas and Mia scowled. Sonia was a senior among the maids and she and Mia somehow developed some strong hatred for each other. It happened on the day they met when Sonia treated told Mia to called serve and Mia replied a smart remark which Sonia would call a humiliatian. Sonia would always find ways to bring them down or top them. Not that she was ever really successful.

"Have you seen the mirror lately? You look like a pig that has its face squashed to the wall. Too much wrinkles form frowning and scowling?" Mia retorted causing Sonia to blush scarlet.

Sonia was about to reply when Sina Gate came through the doors, followed by Miss Mary and Jacob Haven, the person in charge of the serving boys . Almost at once the whole kitchen was quiet. Sina surveyed the kitchen before speaking. She talked about how we were doing so far and that our daily work scheduale has not changed. But before the meeting ended, she said this.

"Alright everybody, as you might have heard, there will be guests for other lands such as Sancra and Tusaine for a gathering of some sort. It will take place at the end of this month. I've selected a few serving girls and Mr Jacob has chose a few boys."

Mr Jacob nodded.

"Yes, For the Serving boys we chose Mike Wood, Gabriel Harden and Alex Brown. For the maids, Jasmine Talerico, Sally Good and Mia Swift."

Jas looked at Mia with pure glee. They were then dimissed to do their regular jobs.

"Yes we got the job! Woohoo!" Jas squealed after leaving the kitchen.

"It's not as great as you think," someone spoke up behind them. Mia and Jas looked behind and saw Tiana Knight.

"I hear that Silas, the knight from Tusaine is going to be attending. He's rumoured to be a pervertic creep," Tiana shuddered at the thought of it.

Jas looked slightly deflated at that bit of information but she perked up when she remembered the Tortall knights were going to be attending.

They part ways as Jas had to go wash the clothes and Mia had to go clean up the guest room. Mia ran as she was late. Someone was walking infront of her and as she wasn't looking where she was going, they crashed into each other causing Mia to fall to the floor. She groaned at the impact. "I should really stop crashing into people," Mia thought to herself.

"Hey, watch where you're going!" an angry voice rang out.

Mia looked up to see a strangely familiar face.