Chapter 6

"What?! You met both of them and you didn't tell me?!" Jas shouted at Mia.

"Jas pipe down. You're attracting people's attention," Mia said as she tried to soothe her best friend to relax and sit down.

"I don't care even if I'm attracting a dragon's attention! You didn't tell me! How could you! I thought we were best friends," Jas said as she sat down in her chair and looked away grumpily.

"Well in my defence, I didn't know they were royalty. I just bumped into them that's all," Mia said.

"But you bumped into a HOT guy, not one but two! You could have at least told me that," Jas pouted.

Mia couldn't help but laugh. "Alright, it won't happen again, I promise."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After dinner, it was already night time when Mia and Jas parted ways. As Mia was finishing up preparing the beds, she caught sight of the view from outside the window. It was simply breath-taking.

"Since I finished all my work and it's not curfew yet, I think i'll go up to the secret place," Mia thought as she quickly finished up.

After finishing, she went to the east wing of the palace and went up the stairs to the highest floor. At a secluded corner near to astronomy room, she opened a secret door. She climbed more stairs that led to a trap door. She pulled down the ladder and opened the trap door and climbed up to the roof. As she stood on the roof, she took in a big breath of fresh air. Mia felt so peaceful and serene. She made herself comfortable as she sat down.

A gentle breeze blew her through her hair as she looked at the magical night time sky. The pure white moon glowed in the midnight dark sky and the stars were twinkling ever so brightly. the city was in the horizon and there were faint lights form the candles flickering from a distance in the city.

"By the Goddess, this is beautiful," Mia said to herself.

"I agree with you," a voice said from behind her.

Mia jumped up in fright at the voice. She quickly turned around and there she saw Liam walking towards her.

"Hi, we meet again," Liam said and gave her a small smile.

Mia smiled back but then remembered he was a royalty. She stood up quickly and bowed her head slightly to him and said,"H-Hello, your Grace."

Liam frowned at her. "Oh, you found out but please don't speak so formally with me. It makes me feel very uncomfortable. Just act normally with me like you're with your friends and call me Liam.'Your Grace' makes me feel old," he said bluntly

Mia grinned and said, "Alright...Liam."

Liam smiled as he sat down on the roof. Mia sat down beside him but kept a respectful distance away. There was a moment of silence after that but it wasn't an uncomfortable one. Liam suddenly spoke up,"I love going up to the here. I can think properly and relax in peace."

"I agree with you. There are no distractions, no stress, just you looking at the world in a whole new, beautiful perspective. Just for that one moment, you can escape the reality down there and just dream," Mia spoke as Liam looked at her, amazed.

"Um, sorry did I say something wrong?" Mia said uncomfortably.

"No, I just never met a girl who is so honest and open about her feelings. It's a nice and pleasant change from all the court ladies with ther fake personalities and weird accents. It good, " Liam smiled at Mia warmly.

Mia felt her cheeks growing crimson as she looked away. After that, both of them looked at the view in complete silence and just enjoying each other's company.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wake up Mia! Come on! Wake up, wake up!" Suddenly, some one started jumping up and down on Mia's bed. Groaning, Mia opened her eyes groggily and saw Sally and Jas - horribly awake and disgustingly cheerful Sally and Jas - on her bed.

"What do you guys want?" Mia groaned as she covered her face with her pillow.

"Come on! Today's the day of the gathering, we have to be in the kitchen an hour earlier to help out, remember? And knowing that you hate waking up earlier and being the kind friends we are, we decided to give you a wake up call." Jas smiled brightly as she pulled the covers away from Mia's body.

"Fine, fine. I'm up, I'm up." Mia rubbed her eyes as she walked toward the wash basin.

In the dining hall,Mike, Gabriel, Alex, Sally, Jas and Mia were setting up the table for the gathering.

"Okay, is this big fork is suppose to go where now?" Mike asked as he scratched his head

"It goes to the left of the dinner fork," Mia said.

"Ah, thanks. You really are smart," Mike winked at Mia.

"You do know he's flirting with you, right ?" Sally whispered in Mia's ear as they arranged the flowers.

"Really? I never noticed," Mia said absentmindedly as she looked over the flower arrangement.

"You attract boys without knowing, you know that? " Jas smirked as she rested her hand on the table, looking at Mia.

"Really? I never noticed," Mia smiled at Jas mischievously as she put away the vase and went on to the next one.