| F O U R |

Bruces pov:
My eyes fluttered open in a sequence of blinking. I let out a quiet yawn and turned around to face Vance, he looked beautiful when he slept. The whole world had gone hazy and the only thing that wasn't a plain blur in my eyes was Vances face.

"You gonna stop staring at me?" Vances words made me jump back a little, his deep morning voice made me a bit flustered,
"Oh, right sorry. im just tired." I said as I caught myself in a lie, well, a half lie. I slowly sat up and rubbed my tired eyes, I pulled my arms over my trembly body that had to get used to the air that cooled the whole room.

I slowly stood up, my legs shook a little bit as my feet touched the hard wood floors. I pulled my body out of the room and went to the bathroom, turning on cold water, then splashing my face. The twinkling water slipped down the side of the sink in a pattern of drops, I focused my eyes on that for a moment before shaking my body and pulling my toothbrush out of the holder it was sat in.

I pulled my toothpaste out and place a bit on the brush. I shoved it in my mouth carelessly and brushed my teeth, the lull sound of scrubbing was the only noise over then loud, obnoxious, birds. I spat out the white paste and rubbed the excess off onto my hand, slowly walked back to the room that Vance sat in, My bedroom.

"Where'd you go?" Vance whined in annoyance, before i shortly spoke,
"To the bathroom Vance." I grinned before pushing that exact grin off of my chin,
"Oh okay, well. i should get going now, I'll see you at school on Monday Bruce?" Vance said and slowly stood up opening my window.
"Right, okay. I'll see you then," I said in a sarky tone, I didn't mean to sound rude, or ignorant, or anything bad. But I honestly didn't want him to go, especially after what happened last night, that whole situation was still almost like a blur in my brain. But i still felt cautious about it, if he told anyone, i'd be called a faggot, homosexual, and my reputation would be destroyed after years of building it.

I stared blankly at my wall before pulling my body up, every bone in my body felt heavy. It was almost like i couldn't bring myself to do anything, I just shoved myself back down and laid in my bed. Did he even like me back? Does he even care about me? My mind wandered with the curious thoughts that reoccured throughout my mind. Maybe i shouldn't have done it, he wouldn't tell anyone. Right?

Vances pov:
After I toppled myself out the window, I braced my mind to come back to my parents house. They'd obviously didn't care or they would've asked where I was, but. It was nothing, I just had to come in sneakily and go to my bedroom. They never go to my bedroom.

I took a deep breath of cold, crisp air, before i opened the door. To my surprise, no one was there. or that was what i thought, I slowly crept up to my bedroom and closed the door behind me. Fuck, i could hear other footsteps. I held myself in a ball, jumping back a little as the door creaked open.

"Where were you Vance." My dads mouth grew in anger as he jolted towards me,
"I was at a friends house, im sorry." I spoke trembly in fear,
"who's, WHO'S HOUSE?"
"Bruces, Bruce Yamada, You know? the one who is a good baseball player?"
"Yes, i do very well. You were all happy and gay there, weren't you?" Those words had made my brain refold hundreds of memory's, the kiss, us sleeping together.
"YOU WERE THERE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!" My dads words crept throughout my skin like bugs that absorbed my skin. I laid back and closed myself in fear, no, No. Not today!

I felt a hard hand place on my back, the harsh sting made its way through out my back and it made me cry out in pain. The way it felt on skin, it burnt, it stung, almost like it had been done with a belt, only if that belt had nails, rusted nails. Poking out of it, the hot tears welled up in my eyes. I let a few drop down my cheeks as i yelped in pain. Why did he do this? A real father wouldn't do this.

I laid down on my side with my back stinging, I decided, if I cant deal with life. I could sleep it out, Sleeping is almost like death, except it is only for a few hours. More like a coma, just for a way shorter period. My mind jumbled with thoughts as it made it way to a lull sleep. Sometimes I wish my sleep was a death, not like anyone would care. But the thing is, someone would care, Bruce Yamada would care. I'd imagine he'd be the only one at my funeral, flowers in hand and cursing the lord for doing this to me. Sometimes, I realise, all I need is love, that is what will take me away from my bad habits. Bruce Yamada is the one I love, he takes me away from bad habits. He is the one I need, Bruce Yamada is the one and only I need.
WORD COUNT: 932