| E L E V E N |

No ones pov:
The fresh air breezed past their faces. Easing subtly while the winds stop shortly, replaced by crunches of leaves.
"Who's that Vance." Bruce pointed towards a shadowy figure which stood sharply in the distance
"You think I know? What is that?" Vance yelled out, while Bruce shoved a hand over his mouth.

HE'D FOLLOW AFTER US QUICKLY

"That is Alecs fucking friends, run, fast Vance, RUN!" Bruce yelled as he pulled Vance up with a quick tug, breathlessly. Loud crunches followed while they ran, further and further.

"We'll get you fucking cowards!" A voice echoed from the distance, Bruce and Vance shared a look, a scared look.
"We have to fight Bruce, stay behind me, i'll protect you." Vance whispered in Bruces ear, Vances lips touching it slightly.

"Hiding with your faggot boyfriend, huh? Well maybe thats for the better." The boys chuckled, which just made Vances gut fill up with more rage, anger filled him to the brim.
"You don't know who you're fucking with, do you?" Vance looked at them with a anger filled expression on his face as his knuckles bundled up, turning a ghostly white.

HE'LL FEAST ON YOUR FEAR

Vance looked at the scared boys, throwing a punch at them. Bruce backed away, he'd never actually seen Vance fight. Bruce only heard of Vance fighting, God, he was much scarier than anticipated.

Blood flowed from the boys noses as he continued with his punches, tugging at them and shoving them around like rag dolls. Anger overflowed Vances senses and Bruce felt helpless, all he could do was watch and observe the fight which had been caused by Bruce, Bruce the goody two shoes starting this? No way.

"Vance, thats enough!" Bruce yelled helplessly, he knew Vance wouldn't stop. Although thats all he could do, yell and hope for the best. Vance stopped, taking in what Bruce yelled out.
"You're lucky kids, now fuck off." Vance brushed them away as the boys scrambled to their feet, rushing away.

"Thank you, Vance. I need to go home, see you tomorrow?" Bruce gave Vance and hug and squeezed tightly, that was Vances first hug in almost half a year.
"Yeah, i'll see you tomorrow." Vance smiled, he knew that atleast Bruce cared. Not his father, Not his 'friends' at school, No one but Bruce cared.

(Time skip to when Bruce and Vance are at home.)

Bruce entered through the front door, seeing his unpleased mother and father on the couch.
"Hey mom, hey dad." Bruce smiled nervously, his body shaken with the confidence which left through his body quicker then it had entered it.

"Bruce, we are very, very unpleased with you. Do you know why?" Bruces mother spoke carefully, Bruce knew what she meant. But his words slurred out quicker then expected.
"No, I don't mom." Bruce's voice shook with fear.

NERVES OVERPOWERED HIS BODY

"You got into a fight, over what? A few mean words, we have raised you better than this Bruce Yamada! We have raised you so much better, what has gotten into you?" Those were the few words Bruce had never heard from his mother. What has gotten into me?

"Im sorry, im sorry. I didn't mean to! I-I," Bruce felt the tears overcoming him, not now! He can't cry over this!
"Hey, sweetie, we know it's hard when people are mean, but we have to take it out in a sensible manner." Bruces mother spoke calmly, Bruces mother was nice. She was overly comforting.
"Come on, I know you didn't mean it Bruce." Bruces mother walked closer towards him, pulling Bruce tightly against her chest. Bruce just sobbed.

"I'll be better mom. Im sorry." Bruce said threw a sniffly voice. His mother just held Bruces head close to her chest, letting him sob loudly.
"Hush, hush, darling. Its okay, no ones perfect." Bruces mom spoke again, her words coming out calm and hushed.

"Thats the thing, i have to be perfect. I have to be a role model, not only for my sister. For everyone and everything, the school i have to be a role model for. The baseball program i have to be a model for. I have to be a perfect role model for everything!" Bruces voice was harsh, he took a brief pause before speaking again. Calmer this time, "I'm sorry Ma, i'm just tired." Bruce walked away, all the word which poured out his mouth was like a weight lifted off his shoulders.

WHY ME?

Bruce felt lighter, but not as light as he wished. He sat down in bed, Bruces sobs became mumbled into his pillow as he cried.

Why me? That same thought lingered in his mind, why was Bruce the role model for almost everything? Why not Finney? Or robin, or anyone other than him!

Bruce just screamed in his pillow, hitting the wet cushion which collided with his bruised fists. He punched it harder, his knuckles glowing whiter with every punch he gave the pillow.

Bruce sighed, he felt better. He laid back in his bed, his puffy eyes burning with the sensation of tears which were rolling down them a second ago. He closed his eyes. The pain which stung his eyes had softened. Just like his body, he feel back into the bed, his body collapsing with his eyes.

He fell asleep almost Immediately, sleep was the only way he could escape from everything.

Word count: 909