Chapter #3: Day 2

Prasiddhi's POV

The lights flickered on again. I was still sitting on that chair since a few hours ago. Most of the other people met near the fire place, but I decided not to join. Everyone else introduced themselves. I didn't really listen to what they said, besides that, until one question caught my attention.

"Where is Vinny?"

I would suppose this is the bear beret boy. He wasn't anywhere around. That voice again spoke.

"Ding dong! The night is over! The power is restored! But as you noticed, one of your fellow housemates is missing. Time to search for him!"

I knew it. Something was off. I went to join the rest. We splitted up in groups and I was with Marley, Veronica and Seungho. Every group went in different places to search. After a few minutes, I didn't count how many, the only room in which no one has looked was the bathroom. Seungho opened the door and the view was disturbing.

"EEEEEEEEW!!" - screamed Veronica with clear disgust.

"WH-WHAT IS THIS-"

In front of us was Vinny's lifeless body. I have never believed I would ever see a dead body.

I heard footsteps. Another group was coming. This time with 3 people: Cody, Tamia and a demon, whose name I forgot.

We explained what happened and there were mixed reactions.

After a few minutes, everyone else gathered up at the center of the living room.

"Great job, you found the body! Vinny's journal wasn't found. Now time for investigation. You have 120 minutes to investigate."

"Wait, journals? I don't have one." - said Liling.

"Oh oops. I thought I gave them. Whatever, you will receive them after the voting."

"Okay? So umm... Who will go in and investigate?

Marley, Seungho, Evelyn, Ally and I raised hands.

"Alright, let's not waste any more time."

The rest went somewhere else - to chat, to explore, or even prepare food, because there were a lot of hungry people.

Seungho kneeled next to the body and analysed the wounds.

"Apparently, he was stabbed more times in the guts than in the stomach from what I see."

"The murder weapon is not in this room, at least, I think-"

"HOLY SHIT, WHY ARE THERE BLOODY SCISSORS IN THE CUPBOARD?!"

"Yeah, the murder weapon was found. I am going to being it here. Will be back" - said Marley.

I looked around the room and I noticed a detail.

"There is blood on the sink and on the towel."

"The murderer used it clean off the blood."

"Maybe. There was no one with bloodstains on them. That darn killer commited it very carefully." - replied Ally.

Ten minutes passed and Marley is still not back. The yelling stopped long ago and she is still not back. I am worried, but suspicious at the same time.

"Marley is still not back..." - finally spoke Evelyn.

"Probably she snatched the scissors to cover her tracks. If this is the case, then she is the murderer we've been searching for"

"Stop with the quick assumptions, we don't know what happened to her." - defended Seungho. He believes she is innocent.

"Is that blood on the beret?"