Chapter #11: Night 5 / Day 6

Evelyn's POV

The lights flickered again. I am in the living room, scrolling through my phone. I went somewhere in private to search something in Google. It was really dark in the room. I started walking, I didn't knew to where. Until I tripped on something and fell down a set of stairs.

'So this is the basement?'

I tried to get up and return and oh boy, my left arm hurts. I just had to get to do business. I managed to return upstairs. Not going inside this basement at night ever again.

At this point I am not aware what I am doing. This is tiring and I wanted to sleep. At some point, I heard a muffled scream. I didn't care. After that, I went to sit down in a corner and fell asleep.

Ally's POV

The electricity is back. I looked around the room and saw Evelyn sleeping in a corner of the room, Rosalie, Zahrah, Tamia and Veronica talking about fashion and Nikolai, Seungho and I sitting on the sofa. Evelyn was also sitting there, but I don't know why she moved in a corner. Alab, Grace and Jean-Claude weren't here and Lassi is lying dead on the armchair.

Wait, Lassi is lying dead on the armchair?!

"The power is back on. Your housemate Lassi has died from the Murderer. They were suffocated with a pillow. We found their journal."

I saw the others coming downstairs.

"Someone wake her up." - I said, while pointing to Evelyn.

"WAKE UP SLEEPY HEAD!" - shouted Tamia.

"I'M UP!"

"LASSI DIED!"

"WHAT?!"

I took Lassi's journal and began reading.

"Lassi's Journal

I am not saying my role.

Potential targets:

Cody - dark psychic;

Alab - psychic;

Jamila - because I still haven't gotten a single muffin from her; muffin man;

Evelyn - I don't really like her, she is very quiet; maybe spy or scout or medic or survivor;

Liling - maybe medic. ✅ UPDATE: She was Assassin."

Targets? I am confused. They weren't Murderer, for sure.

"Targets...?" - asked Evelyn.

"She wasn't Murderer anyways." - I replied.

I heard someone coming downstairs. My eyes went wide open.

"Prasiddhi...?"

No. It can't be. Unless... The Savior revived her...

"Oh hi."

"How did you-"

"Four words. The Savior revived me."

The room fell silent.

"Who is the Savior then-?" - asked Evelyn.

"Me." - stated Jean-Claude. All eyes fell on him.

"Investigation time."

"Alright. So Seungho, Evelyn and I? Prasiddhi, will you join?"

"No, I'm fine."

Me and the rest of my group went to the body. Before we could start, I heard someone talking.

"Ugh, I don't get paid enough to do this shit. She should raise my salary, I haven't gotten a higher one in like an year! Wait, is this thing on? Holy shi-"

Paid? So the host is getting paid? I will think more about this later.

"At least they made our job easier by even mentioning what is the murder weapon."

"I remember hearing them scream, but before that someone falling down the stairs."

"Probably Evelyn. She might have been the one who fell."

*~Timeskip~*

"Your time is up. Please meet up in the living room."

"Alright, I have clues. I am Spy. The first night, Rosalie was visited by no one. The second night, Evelyn was visited by no one. The third night, Seungho was visited by Prasiddhi, Ally and Veronica. The fourth night, Tamia was visited by no one. And the fifth night, Lassi was visited by Ally." - informed Grace.

"Hold up, what do you mean you are the Spy?! I AM THE SPY!" - revealed Rosalie.

"No, I AM THE SPY!" - shouted Nikolai.

"First of all, 3 spies?! One of you is for sure the real Spy, one is Scout and one is a poorly hidden Murderer!" - Tamia said.

"Also, how come Evelyn was visited by no one on night 2, when it clearly says she was visited by Nikolai!"

"I, ummm.... you are lying!" - Grace defended themselves.

"I visited Rosalie the first night and obviously, you are the one who is lying, Grace. Just admit it. You are the Murderer, trying to frame Ally."

"Oh yes. I am." - they said calmly. So found the Murderer?

Silence. You can even hear people breathing, it was THIS silent in the room.

"You are very cruel. Why did you murder them! THEY WERE INNOCENT!" - ranted Evelyn.

Again, painful silence. It lasted for long, until it was announced that it is time to vote. Grace deserves my vote. I write their name and put it in the box.

"Grace, you have all of the votes. Any last words?"

"You actually fell for it! Anyways, you will regret that you voted me out. Deeply." With that said, they started laughing. Eventually, they left their journal and left the house. I didn't hear a gunshot. Weird.

"Wait a minute... Tamia, will you open their journal?"

"Sure?"

With that said, they opened it and a single piece of paper fell out of the book. They picked it up, read it to themselves and starred in horror.

"Well, what is it?" - asked Alab.

They started reading:

"You are...

CLOWN

You are NEUTRAL. Your goal is to be voted out so that you can take revenge and take someone with you to the grave!"

"OH SHOOT!"

_____________________________________

Character roles:
GRACE - Clown
_____________________________________

Words count of Chapter #11: 875