Chapter #19: Day 10

Prasiddhi's POV

"I-I.." I can't bring myself to speak. I saw text appearing on the TV's screen..

'Tamia has died from mysterious circumstances. They fell down the stairs.

Seungho has died from the Murderer. He was beheaded.'

No, it can't be... It's over and the Murderer is still alive. Evelyn. No... I trusted her! Damn it!

I don't want to look at the gorey scene anymore. Seungho's headless body and Tamia's weird lying position... This is too much for me. The 19 deaths... Nobody deserved to die in this house!

Without much thinking, I run around to collect as much journals as possible, I don't know why, and I also take my stuff. I quickly find a bag and put then in there. I go downstairs to the front door to see if it is still locked...

'It's unlocked?!'

I open it. Then, I take out the matches and light one. I throw and the fire quickly reaches other parts of the room, just on time seeing Evelyn behind all the fire.

"Why are you doing this?

"I'm sorry." - I said as I grabbed the bag and left.

The house was now all burning and I was walking like nothing happened.

I hear people going near the house to see what's going on.

I just wanted to end it all. No more people will suffer in this house.

*~Timeskip to 1 week later~*

I'm back from Berlin, Germany, where I was trapped. I'm in mine and Amethyst's house, in the living room, looking at my laptop. Ame is still not back, which worries me. I scroll down some posts on Facebook and see the house from last week. I open the post and read the comments. One caught my eye. It was written by a girl with a first name 'Amani'.

'Wait, is that my house? I left on a holiday and it burned down!'

Wait a minute.

'Her house? Doesn't the house belong to the host of that murder game? But she claims it is hers. No... So she is that mysterious person?'

I click on her profile to see more about her. The comment was written 5 days ago. It's her most recent one. Her last post was a month old. It was titled 'Elaina, if you are seeing this, I hope you are okay!'.

She has a friend, named Elaina. That's what at least I learned. I will check more about that Amani girl later.

I add her profile to 'Favourites' in Chrome. I close my laptop and go out for a walk in the nearby park. I see a lot of happy couples there. Oh how much I miss you, Amethyst! I hope you're okay...

_____________________________________

Words count of Chapter #19: 440