Prolog

Rhyaella used to be a kind caring person before she married her brother Daemon who worshipped the ground she walked on. But as soon as the rings where on their fingers and the fest was over they changed.

No one knew why, all they knew is that they changed.

9 months after their wedding Rhyaella gave birth to two boys. Daemon named one and she the other. Rhaegar who was hers and Aemond was his fathers. The two boys brought joy to the castle and where beloved of the people who adored Rhyaella who always made sure food was sent out to the orphanages and had set up homes where people could board if they had no where else to go.

Rhaenyra loved her cousins and saw Rhyaella as a mother since her own mother was always in her pregnancy rooms. And in turn Rhyaella loved Rhaenyra as the daughter she never had. She was Five months older then the twins.

Two years after the birth of her sons Rhyaella fell pregnant again. She had a daughter whom she called Helaena and another son whom she called Aegon.

When Aegon was born two days after his sister Rhyaella was told she would no longer be able to bare children, due to the damage the long labour had taken on her body.

Daemon comforted his wife as she cried herself to sleep before leaving for fleabottom where he found himself in a brothel. He spent the night with the women not knowing that Rhyaella had woken when he left and told her maid to follow him.

The maid returned to Rhyaella and told her what she had seen. It was then Rhaenyra and the maid Alicent Hightower who comforted her as she sobbed.

When Daemon returned the next morning he was confused why his wife would not let him touch her. He was so angered by this and so caught up in the moment (although this is no excuse) he forced his wife to do her wifely duty. Her screams could be hear through out the Red Keep although most thought he was comforting her rather then forcing her through her grief. That was the last straw for Rhyaella's sanity and happiness.

From then of Rhyaella was cold and calculating even to her children who all believed their father had done nothing. All bar Rhaegar who believed her.

Rhaegar Targaryen son of Rhyaella Targaryen, The sword and Sheild of Queen Rhaenyra Targaryen, King Consort of the Seven Kingdoms and King of the Stonesteps, as he would be later known, not that his mother would live long enough to see the Dance of the Dragons.