The People's King

Viserys had called Rhaegar to Kingslanding the day after his son's birth. Rhaenyra who had named their child Aeron pleaded with him not to go but Daemon had told them that if Rhaegar did not go then it would all their heads on spikes.

Rhaegar flew on dragon back to Kingslanding where the people stood on the streets cheering as they yelled 'King Rhaegar' and 'Long Live King Rhaegar and Queen Rhaenyra'

Alicent who stood at her window glared at Rhaegar who flew several loops around Kingslanding. She hated how much the sons of Rhyaella Targaryen were loved while her own sons were hated. Her Helaena was pitied and called mad. "The Mad Hightower Girl" is what they called her daughter and "The Mad Queen" is what the called Alicent.

Rhaegar winks at her with a smirk on his face as he flies near her window. Alicent scoffs and walks back into her chamber to her sons Aegon and Aemond who look back at her.

'That man' she says 'is a treat to your rule Aegon. You must not trust a word he says do you understand?'

'Yes, mother'

'Good' she hums before turning to her second son

'Aemond, you must help your brother'

'How? I think he can hate someone just well enough himself'

'You must help him-' Alicent is cut off as Ser Cristen walks into the chamber bowing his head to the royals.

'What is it Cole?'

'The King demands your presence in the hall, my queen'

'Very well. Come' Alicent leads her sons out of the room a hand on her 4 month pregnant belly.

As they walk into the hall they see Viserys whispering with Rhaegar both with smiles on their faces. They look around as Alicent and her sons walk into the hall. Alicent glares at Rhaegar who smiles back at her smugly.

'Husband' Alicent greets

'Ae-Alicent' says Viserys 'Rhaegar has come on my request to take our Helaena back with him to Dragonstone'

'What?!' Alicent screeches 'you would take my daughter-'

'She will be safe, Alice' Rhaegar says as he leans against the pillar beside him 'my wife, sister and their children will make good friends for her'

'I refuse-'

'Helaena is packing as we speak' Viserys says 'I am sorry. Rhaegar?'

'Uncle?'

'Look after her'

Rhaegar nods as Helaena walks into the hall with two maids behind her. Alicent looks around and walks to her putting an arm around her making Helaena flinch slightly.

'She is my daughter-'

'And my ward, come Helaena, time to take you to Dragonstone. Your maids may stay here I do not think they are made for Dragonstone's climate.'

Helaena nods meekly as Rhaegar walks over to her and puts a comforting hand onto her shoulder making her smile up at him with a small smile looking forward to being away from her mother for a while.