Rumours

10 years had past and Rhaenyra Princess of the Seven Kingdoms and Dragonstone was once again in the birthing bed.

She had two sons Jacaerys and Lucerys Valeryon each with white hair and purple eyes. A pure Targaryen. There were rumours that her sons' father was her cousin Rhaegar Targaryen son of Daemon and Rhyaella Targaryen. And they would be correct. Laenor preferred one brother and Rhaenyra the other. Laenor and Aemond. Rhaenyra and Rhaegar.

Daemon Targaryen lived in Pentos with his two youngest children by Rhyaella and the two twins from Laena Velaryon. Baela and Rhaena . Rhaegar and Aemon doften rode to see their father and siblings but never stayed for long before returning to their lovers in Kingslanding.

Rhaenyra lets out on last scream before she hears the cry of a baby.

'A boy princess' the maid says as she puts the baby into it's mother's arms making the mother smile down at the baby who screams as Rhaenyra tries to sooth him. They all look around as another maid walks into the room.

'Princess, the Queen requests the child be brought to her at once'

'My mother Princess Rhyaella is dead' says Rhaenyra refusing to call her once friend the Queen in place of her mothers.

'The Queen Alicent' corrects the maid

'The Lady may wait while I dress' Rhaenyra says as she stands shaking on her legs as she hands the baby off as the maids dress her before she doubles over groaning 'It is coming'

'The Afterbirth quickly!' says a maid

Laenor throws open the doors with Aemond  and Rhaegar behind him 'A boy' he says 'I just heard' The twin brothers for a moment think Rhaenyra is their mother come back. They remember Rhyaella looking just the same after the birth of Aegon and Helaena

Rhaenyra hums as she walks past him

'Where are you going?' Aemond asks confused

'She was to see him'

'What now?' questions Rhaegar as they all rush after the Targaryen woman. 

'Yes'

'Let me hold him' says Laenor as he goes to take the child

'She will get no satisfaction from that'

'Take my arm at least'

The four of them walk to the Queen's chambers where they are greeted by Alicent and Viserys who greets both his nephews before looking down at his new Grandson who has white hair and the Targaryen purple eyes.

'A strong lad' he says 'A fine addition to our House. You must be proud Laenor'

'I am Uncle' Laenor agrees with a smile as Alicent looks at the child

'It has no Velaryon in it' she comments making the Targaryens bristle as does the Velaryon 

'He has our hair, your grace' spits Laenor from gritted teeth.

'Hmm, what will you call him?'

Rhaenyra opens her mouth but Laenor gets there first 'Joffery. Prince Joffery Velaryon'

I will still follow the series but I will change it slightly to suit the story.