Kingslanding

Rhyaella sits with her niece under the tree as a bard sings softly. It had been two years since the loss of her child. Daemon had gone to fight in the Stepstones with Rhaegar and Aemond while Helaena and Aegon remained in Dragonstone.

Rhaenyra looks at her Aunt who lays against the tree with her head back her face facing the sun. At times like this Rhaenyra can see the similarities between them. Their eye shape and their mouth. Rhaenyra secretly wished Rhyaella was her mother most days.

As she is thinking this the bard stops playing as he stands muttering 'Your Grace' as Alicent Hightower or Targaryen as she is now walks over to them.

'Did I say to stop?' asks Rhaenyra. Rhyaella smiles her eyes still closed as Alicent and the bard look over at them 'From the beginning'

Slowly the bard sits back down and starts to play again

'Rhaenyra' says Alicent

'Yes, my Queen?' replies Rhaenyra annoyed

'Your presence is wanted in the outer courtyard, the royal hunt readies to depart'

'I have decided to remain here and read'

'You may go, Samuel' says Alicent. Samuel stops and stands

'You are to stay by order of the Princess' says Rhaenyra

'the Queen commands you to leave the Godswood at once'

Samuel not wanting to disobey the Queen stands and walks away as Rhyaella opens her eyes and looks over at Alicent with cold dead eyes making her flinch.

'The King wishes for you to join us'

'The King has much to celebrate, he does not need me'

'He wants for us all to be together' Alicent says making Rhyaella scoff as she closes her eyes again 'Perhaps the hunt could be fun'

'Is it the King's command?'

Yes, but-'

'Then at once your grace.' Rhaenyra puts down her book as Rhyaella stands and together they walk towards Alicent

'But it needn't be, none of it needs be this way in truth Rhaenyra'

Rhaenyra who holds Rhyaella's hand walk past Alicent who looks after them in desperation.