Chapter 8 - Quiet Midnight Hangout

(A/n: ok, I can explain. It took so long for me to write this chapter for several reasons. One, I got lazy and I kept thinking about future chapter ideas. Two, basketball practice at my school. And third, I injured my right hand during one of those practices. I pushed on though, and I came up with this chapter with only my left hand, 100% I'll add more to this chapter in the future too. Sorry about that, I'll try to release more chapters more quicker. Hope you enjoy reading, stay safe)

Miku POV:

The accumulated layers of silence, or rather the absence of noise, in the living room would have felt comfortable had life been normal. But, for some reason, the silence between L/n and me leaned more on the awkward side of things. All you could hear was the cold air blowing in through the air conditioner.

We were both on the couch, sitting on opposite ends of the couch. The blanket we were sharing was thin, not warming us up at all, but was long enough for us to be comfortably apart. Cant say Im not a little disappointed, it would have been nice if we could... What am I thinking? I don't have the guts to do something so bold. Besides, that would probably make L/n uncomfortable.

We may have cuddled once before when we watched that movie together, but that was before I knew I liked him... It feels weird to say that so nonchalantly, in a good way of course. And now that I said that in my head, I could feel butterflies fluttering in my stomach. I felt warmth crawling up my neck, my face burning up. I'm grateful for the darkness of the room covering my red face, or else L/n would have saw it.

As if on queue, the words Ichika told me just before bed flashed in my mind, "If you don't try making your moves, you wont get anywhere. And try to be creative."

Her words sound more like a warning than actual good advice. How does one even make a creative move on someone?

I took a quick glance at L/n, and I noticed he was shaking. Was he nervous? I don't really understand though, why would he be nervous right now?

It was then, that I realized how cold the room truly was. All it took was a small breeze of cold air to practically freeze me up. Wait, maybe L/n wasn't just shaking due to nervousness, but was instead shivering.

Now I felt bad. I came down to hang out, yet I haven't done a thing. He wouldn't have been as cold if he didn't have to share the blanket with me. Key words: As cold, since even if I wasn't here, using the whole blanket would have barely changed a thing considering how thin it is.

Should I just leave? If I were to actually follow up on my idea of cuddling, the both of us could warm up together, but...

I guess what Ichika meant by her words was that I keep second guessing myself. I really don't have any other choice but to doubt myself though, I'm quite literally the opposite of his type of girl, I'm not good enough for him. There's no way any of my moves would work on him...

No, right now I shouldn't be thinking about all that romance stuff. My friend is freezing to death because of me, and there's something I can do to help. That's what I need to think about to motivate me.

As long as I take it slowly, and come off friendly, I should be fine. Cuddling between friends is normal. Like in the words of Tokugawa Ieyasu, "Life is like unto a long journey with a heavy burden. Let thy step be slow and steady, that thou stumble not." He was truly a man who spoke only facts.

"Hey L/n, are you cold too?" What am I saying, of course he is.

"Y-yea, and this blanket ain't helping at all," He said, probably caught off guard.

"I don't even remember where we got it from. We probably accidently bought it without realizing we were buying it."

"Makes sense. Mind turning off the air conditioner?"