Chapter 9 - Itsuki's Dilemma

(A/n: Hand healed decently, so I'll be updating faster if my laziness doesnt best me. Not so many miku moments as there should be, but Im tryna make the future rejection of the specific girl hella sad. You may or may not know whos getting rejected. Anyways, enjoy the chapter)

Y/n POV:

The sound of pots clattering in the kitchen abruptly woke me up, truly the worst feeling in the world. Who could have woken up this early in the morning? I mean, its probably the morning, since I don't feel well rested. If I were to guess, someone was presumably cooking, and that someone is most likely Nino.

From what I'm hearing, she's moving literally everything she can find on the kitchen counter, which probably includes those loud pots. What the hell could she be cooking? That couldn't be a normal breakfast, no way its justs toast. Is she really going to make gourmet food for breakfast?

And was she making all that noise on purpose to annoy me? I wouldnt be surprised to be honest.

I was too tired to do anything, so I decided to go back to sleep for a little longer, and after awhile, I heard the sounds of something sizzling. I might as well get up and return the favor, tease her a bit.

I tried to shuffle on the couch, but it felt oddly cramped. It was like something was right in front of me, occupying a part of the couch. Opening my eyes, I could see that there was someone sleeping next to me... Who the hell?! Wait, those pajamas... Why is she here?!

"M-" I covered my mouth with my hand. Things would get complicated if someone were to find us like this. I better stay quiet and not attract attention. So much for teasing Nino... But I'm surprised Nino didn't wreck havoc when she saw us like this.

...Or maybe she didn't see anything. The couch faces away from the stairs and the kitchen, so maybe she cluelessly walked by without looking back. I could get up and find out if Nino really saw us and if she was really fine with it, but I don't want to take any chances. Looking at the clock, it's 7 in the morning right now. First things first, wake up Miku quietly. I shook her lightly, and she started to gain consciousness.

"L/n?" Miku softly said, regaining her senses. As soon as she realized the situation, her faced turned from drowsiness to one of anxiousness, and was about to say something until I stopped her.

"You better explain why you were sleeping next to me later. Right now, it'd be nice if, you know, went back to Ichika's room," I whispered.

"R-right, sorry." As quickly as she got up, she laid back down. Turns out, Nino isn't the only one awake. One by one, more sisters were coming down the stairs, but honestly, I was so tired that I didn't feel like deciphering who they were. Surprisingly, somehow Fuutarou woke up too. Not only that, but they were all dressed out of their pajamas.

"L/n, what should I do? Ichika's right there. She'll know I was gone, even if I were to go back." Now this would be very problematic, if there wasn't an obvious solution to it. It's not going to be easy though, since we only get one shot to do this.

"Alright, listen. I'll distract them two times. The first time will be for you to get changed. The second time is essential, you'll have to swiftly leave the apartment and go anywhere you want, and if you want to use the bathroom, go to the library."

"Can't I swiftly go to the bathroom and pretend I was there the whole time?"

"That won't work, Fuutarou just went in there." And so, with no other choice, we carried out our plan. I got up with nothing in particular to say.

"Good morning, guys." I received a couple of responses from them.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Miku rush upstairs.