Prologue

thinking = *

thought = '

feel = ''

narrator Pov

It all began in China, in Qingqing City.  There was news that a baby that gave off light was born.  Ever since then, superpowers were discovered in various places, and time passed without the cause being identified.  Before we knew it, the supernatural became normal, and dreams became reality.  The world has become a superhuman society, and about 80% of the world's population now has some kind of special trait.  In this world swirling with chaos, the profession that everyone once dreamed about and admired came into the limelight.

but it also started to exist several supernatural powers too

Aura's

Aura is an ability that all those with a soul can use, at least with enough practice. Because Aura is the manifestation of the soul, it can appear very differently depending on who is using it.

Faunus

have been shown to have animal ears (in these cases, those of a cat and a rabbit, respectively); some Faunus with animal ears also appear to have a set of Human ears, and some Faunus,have animal ears in place of human ears. Other Faunus  have been shown to have horns protruding from their heads. Some Faunus, may have tails. In some cases, a Faunus may have a trait that is not immediately apparent, such protractible claws. Some may even have traits that augment their mobility, which presumably grant him the natural ability to fly. Arachnid Faunus possess the ability to secrete substances natural to their Faunus heritage, such as scorpion venom and spider silk, respectively.

Dust

Dust is a source of energy in . The physical properties of Dust make it incredibly useful for a variety of purposes, particularly in the of many characters in the series. It is known to make a distinctive "shimmering" sound passively and when in use.

The name "Dust" is implied to be a reference to the primordial state which mankind originally believed it was born from. As a natural resource, it is sometimes poetically referred to as "Nature's Wrath", or more prosaically as an energy propellant.

Uses of Dust Dust 

serves as a power source for the majority of technology in Remnant, from airships to androids, though some alternative technologies do exist.[12] Dust can still be used without the aid of weapons or machines and can be unleashed in its raw form such as lightning. Technology powered by Dust is known to glow.[25] The people of Remnant attempted to achieve spaceflight and space-based communications with Dust as propellant fuel, but its inability to operate outside of Remnant's atmosphere hindered these endeavors. When Weiss slices an Atlesian Paladin-290 in half, the circuitry is revealed inside, indicating that it is powered by electricity; although, Dust as an additional fuel source is likely as well. Alternatively, this may reveal that Dust-powered objects also require circuits to function. Or simply that lightning dust can produce electricity in a way that can be used similarly to batteries or generators, allowing normal circuitry to function.

The discovery of Dust was instrumental to Humanity's initial defeat of the Grimm, and Dust continues to be used extensively in combat. Dust can be harnessed in a variety of ways, but when used in its raw form, its full potential requires both an Aura and the intelligence to use it, meaning Humans, Faunus, and certain artificial beings, such as , are the only ones who are able to use it for combat in this state. Furthermore, the effective use of raw Dust requires a certain level of discipline to keep from losing control of it.

Methods of using raw Dust include weaving it into clothing, fusing Dust with oneself, forging a blade imbued with Dust and inserting Dust crystals or powder into one's weapon.