chapter one:new beginnings

Great so we had a "fresh start" but was it really all that great? Mom really only wanted us to move because of what had happened back in our home town, Hawkins India. It was a good place with good people, but after what happened that night on 1979 was just too much, no one wanted to believe us though, everyone called my mom crazy and me too, but what happened to put it short was, my dad got killed by some monster that looked like a flower and my brother had gotten taken to another dimension and we had to save him. I still have nightmares about the whole situation and I'm sure Griff does too, I always try to convince myself that I'm just crazy and that didn't happen but, it did. "We're here." I hear my mom say to Griffin and I as she gets out of the car I stare at our new home and turned to Griffin who was just sleeping I lightly chuckled and shook him awake. "Hey bud get on up we're here." He turned to me with tired eyes and his eyes widen at our new house. "Woah! That's our home? It's so big!" He exclaimed I smiled at his sudden excitement, he grabbed my hand and dragged me inside. "Woah it's so big in here! I love it!" He giggled running up the stairs, I soon went up after him after looking around a bit. "I want this room!" He called out running into what seemed to be the biggest bedroom in the house. "Nope! This is my room." Mom giggled from behind us I turned to see her slightly leaning against the doorframe holding a box. "Do you want me to help you unpack stuff mom?" I asked since I knew she hated heavy work like this and the moving people wouldn't be here for a few more days. "Sure if you want to, uh Griff you can go out and play out back me and your sister are going to unpack all the stuff okay sweetie?" "Okay!" With that he ran off and mom and I rushed outside and quickly got everything inside. "Okay we can take a quick break, the guys will be here soon with the furniture, and everything." She explained to me struggling to breathe. I got up while mom lied there on the floor and I went out back to see what Griffin was doing. "Griff?" I called out not seeing him anywhere I slightly began to panic because of well you know. "Griffin!" "BOO!" He jumped out and tackled me to the ground. "Griff! Not funny!" I giggled gently pushing him off me, and then I headed back inside and he followed behind me I went to go check on mom to see her carrying in more boxes. "Phew okay that's the last of it, now you two both please help me unpack this." We both nodded and helped. After a while we got almost everything unpacked other than the bedroom items, which we sat aside for later. We all heard a knock at the door and instantly sprung up and mom went to go answer it, it was the moving people they must of gotten here early. "It's the guys here with our furniture, go play out back for a little I'll call you guys in a little bit, oh and be careful!" Mom said to us as we both got up and ran out back we were both outside for maybe two hours when we got tired and headed back inside our house looked almost completely different now, our table was different, it was a nice small little round table, and we had a different couch and everything even our beds were different. After they had moved everything in we put all of our stuff we it needed to go and finished getting unpack and I organized my clothes and helped mom out with everything and then by the time we were done it was dark, maybe around 10:30 I assumed. "Okay you two get to bed you both have school at your new schools tomorrow." "Yay!" Griff squealed excitedly as he ran up to his room. I dreaded school so I wasn't really looking forward to it, but just headed up to bed and lied down in my new bed and tried to fall asleep, but all that came to mind was that one night. Suddenly I heard a knock at my door and jolted up and walked over to the door. "Sissy can I sleep with you tonight? I'm scared." Griffin asked half asleep, I suppose I could use the company besides I wasn't able to sleep either. "Of course." I smiled at him as we both went into my room and lied down and slowly drifted off to sleep.

Idk how to feel abt this bc I don't usually share my story's publicly bc I'm not rly good at writing so yeah I hope y'all enjoy I guess

842 words