chapter ten:baseball game

Finney had his baseball game today and I at least wanted to look half decent for him. I put my hair up in a ponytail and pinned it back with bobby pins and then got dressed
The outfit:

Once I was ready I headed down stairs and ate breakfast of course, mom wasn't up yet so I just ate and then woke up Griffin and we left, I forgot to tell mom since I was in such a rush and Griffin was too tired to care about anything of the sort

"Hey Grace!" Gwen said sneaking up behind me, I jumped back a bit and giggled "Gwen! You scared me!" I laughed and so did she and I saw Finney smile to me and we began walking, "So Finney, excited for your game today?" I asked him with a small chuckle, "Yeah!" He smiled he seemed really happy today which was of course a good thing I loved seeing him happy he was so adorable. After school and whatever else we went to the baseball field thing and saw that Finney was already there and we sat down in the bleachers behind this fence and we watched as Finney raised his hand he gave me and Gwen and Griff a soft smile and then the game began. (I don't know how baseball works so 🤞) I watched as he swung the ball at this other kid, I think his name was Bruce or something I've seen him somewhere around before. Bruce missed and Finney ran to base or whatever, and this went on and then finally the game was over. Bruce won and Finney looked very disappointed in himself I sighed out I looked across the fence to the side of me and saw Donna leaving and laughing with some friends I'd assume I titled my head slightly and watched I looked back to Finney he seemed to be staring at her Griffin tugged gently on my arm complaining about something but I was just focused on Finney. I watched as he talked to Bruce about something and then headed towards us. "GRACE!" Griffin shouted at me I turned to him with a annoyed look, "What?" I replied back with a slight tone of anger in my voice, "Can we go now?" He asked looking around a bit, I nodded and we left the bleachers and then we got Finney and walked home. "You did good, even though you lost." He looked down in embarrassment, I chuckled a little and looked down "You did do good though, you almost won, maybe next time?" He looked up at me when I said that he smiled at me and I smiled back and finally we were home. "Well I'll see you both tomorrow, bye!" I said to both Gwen and Finney as they walked off they both waved bye I unlocked the door and me and Griffin walked in and sat on the couch, mom wasn't home because she was at work as usual. "Hey Griff want me to make you a snack or something?" I asked since he was usually hungry after school he nodded and I got up and made him one of his favorites, peanut butter and jelly sandwich. "Hey Griff I'm gonna be upstairs in my room if you need me okay?" He nodded and took the sandwich and began eating as I walked up the stairs to my room. I lied down on my bed and thought about Finney, he looked so cute today, I mean he always does but still, and he was so excited for his game which is just so cute, I hope to go to his other games in the future maybe. Hopefully we'd be able to hang out this weekend, I really wanna ask him out but he already said he liked someone else and the chances of that person being me are slim to none, I mean I saw the way he kept looking at Donna during the game, he probably likes her. Why would he like me anyways? My smile faded and I gently sobbed into my pillow and stayed like that until I fell asleep. Maybe Finney did like me? But if so then why? He really has no reason too if I'm honest, I'm ugly, I'm stupid, I get into fights and cause trouble, I'm bad at almost everything I try to do. I'm just so imperfect and he's just like the most perfect human ever. I really do love him I guess.

I didn't know what to write and idk how a baseball game works lmao 😭

770 words