59. shots

CHAPTER 59: SHOTS

Monday, July 17th 2017 - Eugene, Oregon

"Maybe you should wait in the car here. I can do this by my own. He won't kill me or anything." I chuckle but I sound nervous. Too nervous for Harry's liking. He places his hand on my bare knee and leans over the middle divider.

"Remember conditon number two? 'I want to come with you and be the protective boyfriend.' " He remembers me, "I'm not letting you meet him without me. Nope. Not gonna happen."

I turn my face to look at his which is only a few inches away from mine. He flashes me a boyish grin so his dimples appear and I can't help myself but smile back. He gives me a peck on the nose and then on the lips. But a peck isn't enough. I lean in and kiss him with more demand and need. Harry smiles into the kiss but then returns it.

I place my hand on the back of his neck and press him closer, trying to savour as much of the feeling of his lips as possible. For some odd reason this calms me. As corny and stupid it may sound, his warm touch does calm me and I'm thankful for it because my nervous system is going crazy, just thinking about meeting Frank again after I found out what he threatened to do with Harry or what he did with Beth.

What if Frank is going to get furious when he sees Harry with me? I'm not so sure about bringing Harry with me but I don't want to fight with him either and I feel more secure and comfortable when he is with me. After all he was there for me after Frank sold and made me do cocaine. This time Harry will be able to save me before something happens, if anything is going to happen.

"Stella..." Harry breathes and then chuckles as my hand moves from the back of his neck down the collar of his shirt so I can feel the skin of his shoulders, "Let's do this later, yeah? We shouldn't be late."

"Can't we just leave the country?" I whine and Harry laughs by what he breaks our kiss completely.

"C'mon, baby." Harry says, pats my knee and then gets out of his car. I open the glovebox and take the envelope with the money out. Taking a deep breath, I get out as well. Harry extends his arm and gives me a little smile before putting his arm around my shoulder so we can approach Frank together.

Frank wanted to meet behind some gas station. He told me the adress when I called him to ask whether we could meet up today. Of course, he immediately agreed and told me a time and a place. Harry's hand squeezes my shoulder and he lets go off me when we walk around the gas station. Although I can't feel his touch, I know he is close behind me.

Behind the gas station is a black sports car parking with tinted windows. I can't tell if anyone is still sitting in there. But this mystery is solved when the passenger door opens and Frank steps out. He grins widely-the same grin he wore when we first met-when he sees me but it disappears quickly when he sees Harry beside me. Instead a frown takes over his face.

"I didn't tell you to bring your boyfriend, babe," Frank says with an overly kind voice, "Hello Harry, nice to see you again."

Harry doesn't say a word, only clears his throat. I feel him stepping a bit closer. His chest touches my back when he breathes in deeply. I know he is tensing up and ready to step in.

I fumble around with the envelope that is behind my back and look up at Frank who is eyeing me with a thoughtful smirk. "You look good, Stella. It's actually quite sad that you have a boyfriend," He shakes his head and then chuckles, "Although I heard something like this doesn't stop you from fucking other guys."

I close my eyes at his comment. Does literally everyone know I cheated on Sam? And do I have to be reminded of this for the rest of my life? Harry crosses his arms in front of his chest and I briefly look over my shoulder to see what I expected. Furrowed eyebrows, his lips pressed together and a stern look in his green eyes.