07. doubts

CHAPTER 07: DOUBTS

Sunday, May, 28th 2017 - Medford, Oregon

As we walk back to our camp, my mind is going wild. I don't know what do with the possibility of having this love affair with Harry. No, scratch that. Of course it is a bad idea to sleep with Harry whenever we feel like it and we should not pursue it.

Our friends are always around us and our partners, too. We could get caught every single time. And when would we find some alone time anyway? Jess clings onto Harry. And the other's must become suspicious, too, because Harry and I have never hung out alone before, only in a group. So if Harry and I suddenly hang out more, why wouldn't they become suspicious?

Before we walk up to our tents, Harry pulls me behind a tree and presses me against it. His sea green eyes shimmer as he looks down at me. My heart beat goes faster, the longer he looks at me in this weird way. His eyes hold an expression of lust.

Quickly, he leans down and steals a kiss from me. Compared to the other kisses we shared, this one is short and sweet. A kiss that shouldn't happen when you just hook up. That kiss was meant for a couple. For two people in a relationship.

"What was that?" I ask him and push him away from me.

"A kiss?"

"Don't kiss me," I say and shake my head, "Don't kiss me unless we're about to have sex, all right?"

"So you want me to fuck you?" Harry whispers in my ear with a smirk on his lips, "Right here? Only a few feet away from our friends?" His hands sneak under my shirt once again and as much as I desire him to touch me once again, the risk of being caught is too high for my liking.

"You're horny 24/7," I say and roll my eyes whereupon Harry just laughs, "And the answer is no." I tell him and clear my throat. I tear myself out of his grasp and walk quickly back to the tent Sam and I share. When I open the zipper, I see that Sam is already awake.

Crawling over to him, I give him a quick kiss on the cheek, "You woke up earlier than usual."

"You were gone."

"You know how I sometimes just can't sleep. And sleeping on the ground isn't really helping."

"I know but usually you stay here with me until I'm awake." Sam answers and pulls me close. His arms are wrapped around my waist and his fingers wander up and down my spine.

I take his hands from my back and intertwine them with mine. I never thought Sam's hands are small but compared to Harry's they are.

"So why did you walk around alone?"

"I wasn't alone. Harry is awake, too."

"Oh," Sam frowns, "You two hang out a lot."

"He's my friend."

"Yeah but you two never spend much time together," Sam frowns, "And I don't like how he's looking at you."

I laugh, "What do you mean? He has eyes for Jess only."

"No, yesterday when we sat around the campfire. He stared at you the whole time and he looked...like...like he wanted to...I don't know rip your clothes off. I don't know but I certainly don't like it." Sam tells me and tightens his hug around me possessively. "I mean he's always kind of looked at you, especially in the beginning, but now it just seems...more intense. I don't like it."

"Don't worry, I love you." Those words have never felt so bitter before. But they seem to satisfy Sam and I'm glad that he is not starting to become suspicious...yet.