09. mess

CHAPTER 09: MESS

                        Sunday, May, 28th 2017 - Redding, California

                         The music seems to get louder with every passing minute and my ears start ringing. The living room seems to be that one big room where everyone meets to dance. I would consider this the "dancing room". However, the living room is connected to the kitchen where the people are who love to play games such as beer pong, suck and blow or all the other games.

We all arrived in a group but it has been a few hours since our arrival and now we are all scattered to the four winds. I don't know when it happened but at one point I found Beth, Dylan and Sam and together went onto the dance floor—or to be more precisely, Beth and I went. Sam and Dylan are sitting on the couch with some other guests.

Dylan is the one who even got us here, since he knows the host. I have met the host only briefly. His name is Jonah and he is a guy with very short, black hair and very tanned skin. He is nice but seems like a douchebag, though.

Carelessly, Beth and I dance midst the dancing crowd. It is stifling hot in here and there is only stuffy air to breath which is infiltrated with the smell of alcohol, sweat and weed. Beth is already completely high and laughs at everything. I haven't smoked as much as she has but I do feel myself getting a bit dizzy.

Both of us dance like no one is watching us and there probably really isn't. Everyone here is either stoned or wasted, or both. There can only be a few sober heads walking around this house.

  "I think I need to go to the bathroom." I scream at Beth, who just laughs and continues to dance. I shake my head with a lazy smile and try to make my way through the people who are either dancing or basically dry humping each other on the dance floor.

  Finally, I stand in the corridor of the unfamiliar house and find the stairs. There are not so many people upstairs which I happily greet. Exhausted, I lean against wall next to the bathroom door and wait for the person in there to come out. My eyes lazily fall shut but my head doesn't stop spinning, the noise doesn't become quieter and I still feel like someone punched me in the pit of my stomach.

  "Are you okay?" I hear a way too familiar voice and a sweaty hand on my bare shoulder. Somehow, I manage to open my eyes and see no one else than Harry in front of me.

Harry looks worried and his eyes aren't as glassy as they should be after drinking alcohol. Frowning, I stretch my arm out and press my fingers against his lips.

  "Not drunk?"

  "I don't wanna have a headache tomorrow."

  "But you're missing all the fun."

  "I can have fun without being drunk." Harry mumbles against my fingers before he takes them away. The bathroom door opens and I quickly rush in, not even bothering to slam the door shut. Quickly, I bent over the toilet in hope to throw up and let out the poisonous shít I have consumed my body with.

I turn my head when I hear the door fall shut. Harry stands in the middle of the room, the crease between his eyebrows becoming deeper.

  "Estelle, are you okay? Do you need help?"

  "Just leave. I can throw up myself. Thanks." I mumble and gather my hair in a pony tail. Harry rolls his eyes and approaches me, replacing my hand around my hair with his.

  "Let me help you." Harry says and softly pats my back.

  But after five minutes I still haven't thrown up and I'm just tired and want to sleep. I let my body fall back and rest against Harry's legs since he stands right behind me.