CHAPTER 25

HOLDEN KINCAIDE

PRESENT TIME

I would give up anything and everything to wake up in the same bed as Scarlett fucking Valentine for the rest of my life. 

Waking up, with an asleep Scarlett draped over my body was the only way I ever wanted to start my morning. I laid on my back in my bed, Scarlett's arm draped over my waist, her head on my chest, as well as her left leg resting over mine, her foot sitting between my legs as she slept like she hadn't slept in years. I'd woken with one arm wrapped around her waist, my other hand holding her arm that was draped over my waist. 

One minute I was, like a creep, watching her sleep, the teenage Holden within me finding my situation surreal. I had been so adamant on wanting Scarlett from a very young age, but never did I ever once think I'd even get slightly close to her in the same sense I did last night. The next minute, both hands that had been holding Scarlett close to me were resting on the bed at my sides, and Scarlett was no longer draped over me, but sat up on me, straddling my lap. 

A wide smile spread across my face as a sleepy, closed eyed Scarlett laid her body on top of me, pressing her lips to mine. She didn't kiss me. I didn't kiss her. We just remained still, our lips touching. When my smile spread so did Scarlett's until her chest jolted against mine, a silent laugh bubbling in her chest. I slid my hands up her legs, spreading my hands across her thighs, massaging them as Scarlett removed her mouth from mine, instead dipping down and pressing a kiss to my neck. 

"Good Morning" Scarlett mumbled against my skin, one hand on my chest, the other in my hair. I kissed the side of her head as she continued to place small kisses over the length of my neck. 

"Morning, beautiful" I mumbled back, sliding my hands over her thighs, over her ass and up her back. Scarlett let out a soft moan as I continued to run my hands up and down her back, her hand lightly tugging at my head. Her moan was what encouraged me to flip her over onto her back, my hips resting in between her spread legs as I hovered over her. The second she opened her eyes I remembered why I'd fallen in love with her in the first place when we were younger. 

"What game are you playing at, Kincaide?" Scarlett asked, grinning suspiciously up at me, her hands holding onto both my wrists that rested either side of her head as I held myself above her. 

"No games, Miss Valentine" I swore, slowly dipping my head down to finally kiss her lips. Her hand immediately slamming over my mouth stopping me from doing so. I frowned, staring at her confused over her hand that felt like it had glued itself to my mouth. Scarlett told me no to a kiss with the simple shake of her head. 

"Morning breath" 

"I don't care" Her hand over my mouth muffled what I'd said as Scarlett again shook her head. 

"At least let me put a mint in" This time I shook my head, removing one of my hand from beside her head to grab her hand and pull it off my mouth. 

"No can do. I need you right now" I dipped my head again, this time her free hand coming to slam against my mouth. Using my hand that was holding hers, I raised it to my mouth, grabbing both of her hands in my one, raising them, and pinning them above her head. Scarlett shook her head quickly from side to side, trying to avoid my lips. 

"Morning breath" She raised her voice, a large smile on her face as she continued to move her head in the opposite direction I was moving mine in. 

"I don't care"

"Morning brea-" I didn't even try to kiss her, she was the one that accidentally kissed me when she was shaking her head around, trying to avoid my kisses. I grinned widely, pressing my lips flush against hers, moaning in delight, Scarlett sighing in defeat before kissing me back anyway. Kissing Scarlett was never not going to give me butterflies. I unpinned her arms, needing the support to keep myself above her.