026

"OH GOSH, HIMURA-CHAN!"

Detective Araya threw the curtains aside, rushing over to Kazuya who was sitting on a hospital bed. Paper towels covered in blood were wadded all around her. The lower half of her face was still a slightly-redder shade than the rest of her skin, but she wasn't bleeding anywhere.

Kazuya's eyes widened in surprise. "Detective Araya?"

Detective Araya threw her arms around Kazuya, startling the younger woman. "You've had me so worried! Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Kazuya said, feeling uncomfortable when she saw Mr. Eguchi walk in. "Oh. Hello, sir."

Mr. Eguchi nodded. "How are you feeling, Detective Himura?"

"I'm fine," Kazuya said, trying to smile. "The doctors said I probably had the nosebleed and fainted due to stress."

"Probably?" Detective Araya repeated in dismay.

"Yes," Kazuya answered, waving her hands anxiously. "But it's not anything bad, or that they don't know! They say 'probably' because I don't have any underlying conditions that would cause this. Haha."

Yeah, just the fact that I'm cursed, Kazuya thought. That probably counts as an underlying condition...

Detective Araya sighed, placing a hand on her chest. "That's a relief. Well, I have to go an quickly do something, so..."

Mr. Eguchi pat Detective Araya's back, nodding. "Yes, yes, you do that, Detective Araya. While you do that, I'll have a chat here with Detective Himura and keep her company, okay?"

"Okay!" Detective Araya said, turning to leave.

Mr. Eguchi smiled until Detective Araya had disappeared from sight. Then, he turned around and stared Kazuya down with a serious expression.

Uh-oh, Kazuya thought.

"Detective Himura," he said. "I believe we need to talk."

-----

Detective Araya walked outside the hospital, easily spotting the person she was looking for. She approached him carefully. He looked up and practically leaped to his feet, startling her.

"She's awake, Gojo-san," Detective Araya said. "The doctors say it was just stress."

Gojo didn't say anything. In fact, he seemed to have no reaction at all.

Detective Araya shifted uncomfortably. "Do...you want to go in?"

"No," Gojo said, turning and leaving.

"Wha-" Detective Araya gawked at Gojo. "What the heck is wrong with him?! He's so unpredictable!"