028

THEY STOOD IN the middle of the woods, the trees swayed as their leaves played a song of sorrow. Their faces were solemn, a cloud cast over their eyes. The cloudy day added to the ominous feel.

Everyone's eyes were on two corpses: of a young woman and man. They were wearing workout clothes, probably since there was a park nearby. But the blood and bruises that painted their bodies, along with their broken limbs, showed that they didn't get to work out.

"That's the third time that's happened this year," Utahime said, eyebrows furrowing.

"As usual," Nanami added, pushing up his glasses. "There are remnants of cursed energy used on them. But no culprit."

"This is probably the work of a special grade," Utahime said, crossing her arms. "This falls under Gojo's jurisdiction. Where is he, anyway?"

"Probably giggling, frolicking," Nanami said as he made notes in a notepad. "Buying more clothes than he can own, flirting with every girl on the street. Anything but being a jujutsu sorcerer."

Utahime bit her lip. "What kind of special grade is this? Or perhaps a sorcerer?"

"That doesn't matter as much as how we can't catch them," Nanami said. "We're always one step behind."

"We can't let more people die innocently because we can't find a cursed spirit on a killing spree," Utahime said. "First, it was at Shimane in January. Then, another killing happened in February at Ibaraki. And now, March, here in Kagoshima? There's no pattern; they're all over the place."

"Put all the sorcerers at Kyoto Jujutsu High on high alert," Nanami said. "But you're right. We need a special grade sorcerer to investigate this."

"Well, get Gojo and tell him to do his job," Utahime said, eyes narrowing. "He's the best of the best."

"That's like getting a toddler to behave without them throwing a tantrum..."

-----

"Master! Master!"

A girl with ash-blonde hair ran across the rooftop of a building. Her black thigh-high boots clacked loudly as she ran and her apricot-colored eyes twinkled with murderous intent.

She gracefully bowed down on one knee, casting her eyes down to the floor. "I, Anzu, greet the high and mighty Master Zankoku."

A man with disheveled black hair turned around. A black jacket hung lightly around his bare upper body, covered only by a few bandages. His eyes were a chilling combination of brown, yellow, and green.

A cold smile appeared on his lips. "Anzu, it's not the 4th century anymore. You don't need to greet me like that."

Anzu let out a giggle, covering her mouth. "Oopsies~!